Exp 5500 pics...

DWhitt

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have any photos of an exo5500 pack that was all the way full? Trying to get an idea on how big it will expand to. Wanting to try an SG or Exo but I’m wondering if the 5500 will be big enough for a 7 day hunt.

Last edited:

HeadnWest

WKR
To give you an idea here is my 3500, I got 7 days out of it this past year. 39 Lbs.

Attachments

• IMG_4503.jpg
    IMG_4503.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_4504.jpg
    IMG_4504.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 332

HeadnWest

WKR
My brother had the 5500 and his weeks worth of gear had his pack full, but not maxed out like mine. He was at around 42 lbs.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is my Exo 5500, stuffed full for a sheep hunt, next to SG Sky 7400
Instagram
Hard to go wrong with either pack. But, for the longer hunts I prefer having more space. That 5500 was pretty full until I ate away at some of the food and created some space. :) I sure hope Exo makes a larger bag some day down the road.

HeadnWest

WKR
Here is my Exo 5500, stuffed full for a sheep hunt, next to SG Sky 7400
Instagram
Hard to go wrong with either pack. But, for the longer hunts I prefer having more space. That 5500 was pretty full until I ate away at some of the food and created some space. :) I sure hope Exo makes a larger bag some day down the road.

Doesn't look like there is much difference in the size of those packs. The EXo 3500 and 5500 are bigger then advertised. Gave ya a follow too, cool IG page.

Which pack is lighter? Also which one is more durable , or has a better fabric against rips and tears??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Doesn't look like there is much difference in the size of those packs. The EXo 3500 and 5500 are bigger then advertised. Gave ya a follow too, cool IG page.
Thanks! I added a few more photos of the stuffed Exo 5500. :)
Instagram
Swipe right to see all of the pics.

Which pack is lighter? Also which one is more durable , or has a better fabric against rips and tears??

The base Sky 7400 is probably lighter, but I have not weighed the two of them. Both are plenty durable. With the Sky 7400 you have to make sure to add on the accessories you go with (like the Spotting Scope pouch and the Hydro Holster).

SCOGS

Lil-Rokslider

The Exo 5500 and the SG 5900 are the same weight and basically the same size. The SG 7400 is bigger than both of those, the one in the picture isn't fully expanded. The 5500 sticks out further and the SG packs are a little taller so they carry differently. I think SG gets the nod for durability because Exo uses that stretchy material on the side and front pockets and it's prone to getting holes. Also SG uses the waterproof xpack material on the back panel up against the frame and on the bottom so your pack doesn't get soaked in blood and doesn't soak up water when you set it down. And the xpack material seems super durable. The majority of both bags is made of the same 500d cordura though.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Exo 5500 and the SG 5900 are the same weight and basically the same size. The SG 7400 is bigger than both of those, the one in the picture isn't fully expanded. The 5500 sticks out further and the SG packs are a little taller so they carry differently. I think SG gets the nod for durability because Exo uses that stretchy material on the side and front pockets and it's prone to getting holes. Also SG uses the waterproof xpack material on the back panel up against the frame and on the bottom so your pack doesn't get soaked in blood and doesn't soak up water when you set it down. And the xpack material seems super durable. The majority of both bags is made of the same 500d cordura though.
I think you make some valid points, and I have both packs, so I think that helps give me some experience to share. Also, I am using my packs mostly above timberline in rocky country, not "brushy". With that said, I concur with your comments on the SG. I really like how they use the Xpac material. But, my experience with the stretchy material on the Exo has been solid. My generation of the Exo 5500 only has the stretchy panel on the front and its held up well for me. Not sure how that might change if I was always fighting through the woods through. ???

Last edited:

jherald

WKR
E7DDE33F-7F22-4AEC-9B57-A1119630F82A.jpg With a goat, skull, hide and 5 days of gear. This is the K2 5500. The hide did have to be strapped to the outside, I didnt want to mash it down inside the pack and matt the hair up. The actual volume and space is larger than 5500, closer to 7000ish range with all the pockets and snow collar expanded.