Bino Harness for bowhunters

LostArra

WKR
Rick Young harness for me. Simple, simple.

No more Mae West packs for me. I carry a Crooked Horn Bino Shield or a shower cap in my pack to slip over the bino if it's raining hard or snowing. I take a lot of quick glances and the packs/lids are just too slow and I don't need any pockets or pouches on my chest. My hunting pants have 6 pockets!
(The bino harness packs I've used never interfered with my bowstring, compound or longbow.)

boom

WKR
How do you guys feel about using the bino harness with a pack on? I will have a kifaru hunter frame on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

no problemo!

i wear the harness first..then pack goes on normal over that. i do put the chest strap thing behind the bino straps so that i have a bit more freedom when i glass with the pack on.

i don-doff gear now mindlessly. i used to be a mess..like trying to take off the binos with a pack on.

OP
pbcarch

pbcarch

WKR
anyone get a Mavin b1 10x42 into their AGC Kodiak CUB ???

I've tried them all and like the AGC the best. Love having the rangefinder in the front pocket, wind checker on right side (right handed), e-lite, lighter, trioxane, and lens pen on the left side, and my gps in the basement pocket. Never had issues shooting my bow or interfering with my Kifaru packs. Feel naked without it.

TXCO

WKR
I use an AGC and keep the rangefinder on the right stomach strap. I got a bungee strap from kuiu for the rangefinder so I dont have that in the way. I think for a bino tether, Im just going to run one on the right side to not interfere.

coop2424

WKR
Not sure where you are hunting in Idaho but in the panhandle for archery I don't even bring binos anymore. Can't ever see more than 100 yards where I hunt. Last year my bino pouch turned into a snack pocket. Haha. I will be looking for something to carry rangefinder and other stuff that is smaller this year and possibly different location. No issue running Fhf and agc with pack on from my experience.

I have the FHF and AGC - I like them both, a lot. Overall, I like the AGC more (I have the Hybrid max) due to storage and perceived durability, as well as fully covering the optics. I will say, that for Archery, I prefer the FHF due to low profile. I can shoot with both on, but the FHF is just more compact. Granted I have a larger AGC - if I had a smaller one it would win out in archery as well.

Both are solid, but AGC is my favorite.

TravisIN

WKR
Trying to get my mind around if a bino harness will be in my way for elk hunting in Idaho next year. As of now I have a Vortex Viper 10x42hd and of course range finder.

I see all kinds of types and sizes but without really using one i am not sure if i want one or how useful they are. What are your thoughts on sizes , types , etc that dont get in the way of a bowhunter

Paul

I wear my AGC cub max all the time. I bought the same set of binos you have and wanted some good protection, I’m a tree stand hunter in Indiana but am planning some hunts. I wasn’t sure if I would use a Bino harness like this here, I was using a Rick young ultralight, which is great but no protection. It took a few times to get used to and get it adjusted the way I want. Now I love the thing. I bought it with the intention of mainly using out west but now would strongly suggest it for eastern tree stand hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have and only used the AGC Cub. Love it. I keep the RF in front pocket and was running Viper 10x42s. Just upgraded to Swaro SLC 10x42s. I have never had a issue when shooting. Like another said, I feel naked without it.

OP
pbcarch

pbcarch

WKR
Thanks everyone AGC it is. Does anyone have a Maven b1 or b2 in a AGC? If so what size AGC

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tommymo

Lil-Rokslider
I have the AGC classic with max pocket. I never had an issue with it getting in my way while shooting, to tell you the truth I can't shoot with out it anymore LOL.

Pros:
Made in the USA
Rugged
Storage. Range Finder in front pocket, Head Lamp in lower pocket. Wind checker in side pocket. Chapstick and extra reed calls in second side pocket. Phone in top pocket, current reed in second top pocket. Tag, folded map compass in rear pocket.

Cons
Buckles suck, replaced with auto locks

enemyway

FNG
I like the AGC too. I've previously run badlands and kuiu. I run swaro 15s in the Denali and a Leica rangefinder in the big front pocket. oudoorsman bino stud attachment, havalon knife/blades, lighter, tags, gps, phone..its all there. I like a backpack for my chest but surprisingly it doesn't affect my bowstring.