Bino Harness for bowhunters

pbcarch

WKR
Trying to get my mind around if a bino harness will be in my way for elk hunting in Idaho next year. As of now I have a Vortex Viper 10x42hd and of course range finder.

I see all kinds of types and sizes but without really using one i am not sure if i want one or how useful they are. What are your thoughts on sizes , types , etc that dont get in the way of a bowhunter

Paul

I’ve worn several and they never get in the way. Of coarse you have to get it to a comfortable spot that’s not high up by your collar bone. But my kuiu XL even worn high doesn’t get in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkguide

WKR
I don't know of any other comfortable/accessible way to carry my binos. I've never had an issue with carrying my Swaro 10X42EL's in one whether I was bow, rifle or muzzleloader hunting.

Not in the way really. Good for protecting your binos especially if you have decent glass while pushing through brush. I had a larger AGC and sold it recently for the smallest one they make. Just felt like I had too many straps, pockets, and junk hanging off. I don't use the tethers anymore either.

I have worn Kuiu, Sitka and FHF harnesses while bowhunting. None ever causes an issue. Try wearing one when you practice shooting your bow so you can get comfortable with it. I think you'll find that once you get used to shooting while wearing one, it's really not a big deal.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Not in the way really. Good for protecting your binos especially if you have decent glass while pushing through brush. I had a larger AGC and sold it recently for the smallest one they make. Just felt like I had too many straps, pockets, and junk hanging off. I don't use the tethers anymore either.

Thats my only complaint about my AGC. I have the Kodiak CUB and I wish I'd gotten the KISS, I never use those extra pockets.

texag10

WKR
I have an AGC hybrid max (front pocket, bottom compartment, mesh stretchy pockets on the sides) for my meopta 10x42s. I am a huge fan of it. Definitely more bulky than some other options, but I haven't had it interfere with shooting my bow or hiking around with a pack on. I have my rangefinder and release in the front pocket, misc survival stuff (1st aid, fire starter, little parts to repair archery equipment, blade for tyto knife, compass) in the bottom, wind check and lighter in side pockets, and map, tags, and tyto with no blade in the flat pocket in the back.

I like that it gives full protection to my binos as well. I have a lot of nice gear that I am always looking to optimize, after many days in the field with the AGC, I haven't even thought about changing it out.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I bought an AGC Kodiac CUB and quickly returned it. That thing was way too bulky. I would've probably been happy with the KISS, but had already purchased a FHF Gear harness. I love everything about it.

i've had a couple of the cub models and just can't get comfortable with how far it sticks off my chest. i would probably get along with the kiss model better and if i had some really high end glass i would probably go that option. i picked up a rick young harness right before the season and love that thing. it just forces me to keep up with my lens covers all the time.

boom

WKR
i dont love any pouch harness, but i worry about my binos.

that moment where you see an animal up close and dive on the ground..i've done that. glad my glass was wrapped.

having said that, they dont affect me behind the bow whatsoever.

NYSKIER

WKR
I second the marsupial gear made and stitched in the USA. Customer service is great two I have the medium size for my Mavens. They are a little load at first but the more you use them the better they get

Gumbo

WKR
FHF all the way. The lid can be tucked in behind the binos which is a great feature. I always wear it when I shoot, it is never in the way.

Agross

WKR
Trying to get my mind around if a bino harness will be in my way for elk hunting in Idaho next year. As of now I have a Vortex Viper 10x42hd and of course range finder.

I see all kinds of types and sizes but without really using one i am not sure if i want one or how useful they are. What are your thoughts on sizes , types , etc that dont get in the way of a bowhunter

Paul

I am in the same boat. Been looking at most of them online, and finally ordered an AGC hybrid max. I wanted to love it, but just did not . Sent it back right away. I like the ideas of all the compartments, but it just felt huge to me. For some reason the harness bothered me to. I have a thicker neck and the straps rubbed my neck and were uncomfortable. Back to square one.

OP
pbcarch

pbcarch

WKR
How do you guys feel about using the bino harness with a pack on? I will have a kifaru hunter frame on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have tried almost all the reputable ones. I tried binos tethered all by themselves. I have had simple elastic strap set ups.
I have the AGC, the Marsupial and others.

I wear a Kifaru pack set up. I like the AGC the best and I have the big set up with all the pouches etc,

I like having everything there, wind checker, RF, flagging tape, lighter, trioxane, and some other stuff. That set up never leaves me nor is it cumbersome.
Once you are used to anything you are fine with it.
For back country hunting, for me at least, it is a must. But I am always wearing a heavy pack to, so the bino set up just fits right in.
I am heading to Az to hunt in a week and am trying the Marsupial XL out, if I don't like it, it will be for sale here.

So far the AGC is my favorite