Sitka bivy 45 pack

I have noticed that I don't see many reviews or anyone talking about any of the Sitka packs.. the Sitka bivy 45 is on sale on camofire for a great price. Anyone have any comparison to any of the packs commonly used by the serious western hunters such as kifaru, exo, and stone glacier? Sitka is the best clothing I've ever used but wonder about the packs. Not quite sure if the quality carries over to that dept or not. Also do not see a frame on this? Anyone care to shed some light on the Sitka packs or more specific Sitka western multi day packs for hauling heavy loads..
Thanks
Tony
b5c836aa22c1195e5dd151d41d12881a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ckleeves

WKR
The 45 really isn’t in the same league as the ones you listed. The smaller ones are pretty decent day packs but IME heavy loads in the 45 are pretty miserable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have noticed that I don't see many reviews or anyone talking about any of the Sitka packs.. the Sitka bivy 45 is on sale on camofire for a great price. Anyone have any comparison to any of the packs commonly used by the serious western hunters such as kifaru, exo, and stone glacier? Sitka is the best clothing I've ever used but wonder about the packs. Not quite sure if the quality carries over to that dept or not. Also do not see a frame on this? Anyone care to shed some light on the Sitka packs or more specific Sitka western multi day packs for hauling heavy loads..
Thanks
Tony

I have been eyeing that too but understand that the Bivy 45 is being discontinued for some unknown reason. I suspect, based on feedback I have found across the internet, is that the quality is not there and they are not comfortable under heavy load. I passed on this deal because I already have a Kifaru Reckoning and it is one of the best packs I have ever purchased.

That being said, I love my Sitka Flash 20, which I used for an amazing day pack. I am now waiting to see if a Bivy 30 will go on sale. The only thing I found was a $200 used one and then a $200 sale back in August.

My thoughts are to have a day pack, an 1-2 overnighter, and then a heavy hauler for those week long adventures.

By the way, if anyone sees a new Bivy 30 on sale anywhere, please let me know. I such a Sitka slut.

FlyGuy

WKR
The bag portion isn't bad at all. Well thought out and pretty solid. The frame/load carrying is where it falls short. I used one for a couple of years. Upgraded to a Kifaru reckoning with hunter frame and there is a tremendous difference. Having said that, if the 45 fits your budget go for it.

If you are like me and never actually kill anything then the load hauling features become pretty irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

OP
TonySkyline
The bag portion isn't bad at all. Well thought out and pretty solid. The frame/load carrying is where it falls short. I used one for a couple of years. Upgraded to a Kifaru reckoning with hunter frame and there is a tremendous difference. Having said that, if the 45 fits your budget go for it.

If you are like me and never actually kill anything then the load hauling features become pretty irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
Lmao. I guess we are in the same boat then!!!

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
When the Bivy 45 first came out, many people tried it as it had Sitka stamped on it. Unfortunately, that is about where the quality stopped. This pack failed miserably as a back country pack as almost every part of it failed at some point. The seems in the bag failed for some, the waist belt failed for many and I and several friends had the shoulder straps come apart from the suspension. The smaller packs, that are not designed to carry that much weight, work well though. The downfall of the 45 is it was designed just like the smaller packs and didn't perform with weight in it.

Mt Al

WKR
Thanks
Tony

Had one of their earlier ones: crap. Squeaky frame, thin crappy foam for the waist belt and shoulder pads. The whole frame design doesn't come close to a load hauler. Can't really take a pack seriously that doesn't allow the meat up next to the frame. I, too, am a Sitka whore! Love their clothes. That's why I fell for the pack. I really hope they replace these with something that doesn't suck. The Gore ownership may not give a rip if the product doesn't move their fabric, leaves room for exo, kifaru, others though, which isn't a bad thing.

That's my way of saying that sometimes cheap is way too expensive!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Kotaman

WKR
The replacement for the 45 looks good on paper...Sitka Mountain Hauler 6200...6200Ci, load shelf 6.4 lbs. Retail: $595