Questions about Blacks Creek packs

I have had an old BC Canadian pack for over 15 years and it has been a great day pack and even hauled out a few elk, moose and deer. But it's getting old, like the owner, and needs a new zipper.

I called Sandy at BC to see what was what and she mentioned they could replace the zipper or I could use the old pack for a trade in on their loyalty program. We chatted about their different packs and what each has to offer. She suggested the Alternative pack on the GRIP frame.

So the research began and I watched every video and read every review I could find on their packs to see if they still built them same as they did for the Canadian.....Like a tank, but heavy. In 15 years of guiding, hunting, trail camming and general hiking, the zipper is the first thing to go. Like I said, built to last. But it is heavy.

I found very little on Rokslide about BC packs, so I started to look at the others in the 3500 range. Exo, SG, SO and Kifaru are all nice packs and seems like they are well built and have great customer service. So more research is needed. Keep in mind I live in land of great hunting, but our dollar sucks, so I have to add 30% to everything I want and getting up into a $1000 for a day pack is a bit much. And shopping the classifieds is tough as most will only ship US addresses.

Any comments of BC packs? Anyone use they pack systems? The GRIP frame? Yes they are still heavy (which really is not an issue as I am not doing long distance trips into the mountains any more, so a couple pounds here is not a deal breaker for me), but other than that, I see lots of pluses: lots of organizational pockets, dedicated optics pocket, side and top access, a lid and the GRIP frame has a butterfly flaps for packing meat.

Cheers

SS

AXEL

WKR
Go Seek Oitside, buy once, cry once and call them to discuss your specific needs.

Our dollar is an issue, but, I am so happy with my two SO packs that I won't bother with anything else and I have had a lot of highend packs.

Go for it, SS, you know you deserve it! :) Dewey

N2TRKYS

WKR
I've used the BC Canadian to pack a couple deer out with. I also use a BC All-American as my treestand pack. I've used it for around 15 years with no complaints.
I upgraded to a Kifaru hunter frame and AMR bag to replace my BC Canadian. Basically, I doubled my capacity for the same weight.