2018 Exo Pack?

Hey guys in general we don't have a lot of changes coming for 2018. But here are the bullet points of what is changing and why:

- First Lite Fusion will be a stocked color across the product line (we are building these now and they should start shipping in early March) We'll be making an official announcement here in early February.

- Due to the popularity of adding Ranger Green last year and adding Fusion this year we will be phasing out Coyote Brown. Being a small company it makes it very hard for us to keep stock up if we have too many color options. We will keep accessories available all year but won't be producing any new bags or frames in Coyote Brown after March 1st.

-We are changing the buckle system on the hipbelt away from the pulley system we currently use to having the ladder lock sewn to the hipbelt itself and the main 1-1/2" buckle acts as the pulley now. The main reason we are doing this is to eliminate the binding affect that would happen to someone who was on the higher end of a belt size but not big enough to jump to the next size. We tested this all of 2017 and really feel its a toss up in performance, there are pro's and con's to each system and we debated a lot back and forth but in the end eliminating the binding issue for some guys was worth the change. See attached pic of a new belt.

- We are also changing to a solid fabric on the inside of the hipbelt instead of spacer mesh. We really like this change, in our testing it semed that the belt grabbed better to your hips and was a little less prone to sliding. We are keeping the spacer mesh in the shoulder harness though, we built and tested a handful of harnesses with spacer mesh on one side and the solid fabric on the other. We frankly couldn't believe the difference in the amount we sweated with solid fabric. It was substantial and we really try to pay attention to those little things the customer may never even notice but in the end it adds up to a better experience with the pack on. Hiking up a steep ridge, sweating your butt off on cold morning just to sit down and glass, it's going to be a big difference how fast you dry out. See attached pic, this was after a short 2 mile hike. There is almost zero sweat on the spacer mesh side while the solid fabric side is pretty well soaked through. The back was much worse then this as that's where most of the contact is but I was alone that day so I couldn't get a pic of it.

- Lastly from a pure aesthetic standpoint we changed the logo and embroidery on the pack. We like to do this every year so its easy for us to identify just by looking at a pic what year someone's pack is.

Let me know if anyone has any other questions. Best bet is to email me [email protected].

Thanks,
Steve

View attachment 64516

View attachment 64515

Was there an announcement in early February? I just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss it cause I’m waiting for the Fusion packs to be released.

dotman

WKR
How about the accessories like lids and pockets, anyway to start selling them now 😉

Last edited: