Stone Glacier 2018

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
better get both ;)

LOL. I already have a Kifaru Fulcrum on a 28" tactical frame, I JUST got the x-curve a few weeks ago but don't have a bag for it yet. I really like the x-curve so far, ive just hiked around with a sandbag on the meat shelf. It is dissapointing though because I dropped the $$$ on the x-curve because I wanted to build a lightweight pack for sheep hunts....then they just come out with a lighter one lol.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Never buy a pack from the end of November until after the new year.

yeah , learned that the hard way, luckily, If I do decide to get the new frame, I should still be able to get a good price on the x-curve and then just spend a bit more to get the EVO. Ill probably just stick with the x-curve though, 11oz is signifigant but whatever, I can still easily put together a setup thats 3+ lbs lighter than my kifaru.

pushbush

FNG
Any Pics out there of how the new colour Krux Evo Frame will look with the original stone grey Bags attached?

gabenzeke

WKR
Thanks for the interest in our new products, I will try to shed some more light on the designs and features..

Krux Evo
As the name suggests, it is the next evolution of the Krux frame. The Krux Evo was not designed to compete with the Xcurve frame, it was designed for the minimalist backcountry hunter looking to maximize weight savings without sacrificing function. The design focusses on using the proven structure and strength of the Krux frame, incorporate the added features of the Xcurve belt and shoulder straps, and lower the overall weight of the frame. Weight was shaved by combining individual fabric parts, simplifying the sewing patterns and seams, which allowed the use of heavier material for increased durability while still saving weight. The Krux Evo uses the straight stay configuration, 25.5” in height, forward assist/autolock hip belt design used on the Xcurve., is load shelf capable, and is compatible with any Stone Glacier bag we have produced. My goal was to design a pack/bag combo that would go from day bag 4000 cubic range to over 7800 cubic with load shelf while maintaining a total weight at 4 lbs. This is a design that I have been working on for some time, after many months of testing the Krux Evo paired with the Evo 40/56 bag, I am very happy with the results.

Evo 40/56 bag
The Evo 40/56 bag is a side access, top loading, load shelf capable bag designed for the Krux Evo frame package, but will fit any SG frame. The Evo 40/56 bag is 4000 cubic in bivy mode, 5600 cubic expanded, and 7600 plus expanded with load shelf. Another 500 cubic inches can be added to each mode with the use of the optional lid. The bag has an integrated spotting scope pocket that does not take away from the internal cubic inches volume. The spotting scope pocket is sized to accept through a Swaro 95, which we have found to be one of the largest scope bodies. Internal attachment points are included for swing out pockets or camp pockets. Designed for the minimalist backcountry hunter, the focus was to provide quick access to optics, minimal weight, and the volume to cover anything from day trips to week plus long hunts.

Evo 3300
The Evo 3300 is essentially the Solo in the Evo tan 499 color. There were no major structural changes, but we found the Solo to be a great pairing for the Krux Evo frame. For those hunters who prefer 1-3 day trips, the Evo 3300 is a versatile option.

Sky Guide 7900
The Sky Guide bag is a design straight from guide input. The Sky Guide includes full front panel zipper access, center zip exterior pocket on panel, left hand side zippered pocket for spotter, two lower open top pockets for water bottle/tripod type storage, and multiple interior attachment points for swing out pockets or camp pockets. The Sky Guide is load shelf compatible and will fit any SG frame. The volume is a conservative 7900 cubic with lid, and is day pack/bivy mode compatible for shorter trips or minimal gear.

In regards to specific questions asked in this thread:

Addicted – The Krux Evo shoulder straps are the identical thickness and shape of the Xcurve shoulder straps
Machinethomas – The height of the Krux Evo is 25.5”

Gabenzeke – I wish there was a clear and defined answer I could give on which stay configuration would fit you best. Unfortunately I have found that is largely determined by personal preference, the specific shape of your back, and where a person prefers to wear the belt due to hip structure. I personally can use either frame, but still prefer the straight stays of the Krux and Krux Evo. The Xcurve does has more adjustment and can be a bit more universal due to this. However, the new Krux Evo incorporates the Xcurve belt adjustments, so there will also be an added dimension of adjustment in comparison to the old Krux. This is why we have a very flexible return/trade policy, to ensure you get a chance to test the frame under weight and decide which will best fit your needs.

For those that may be interested in our new tent, I will post some similar product background information on the SG Tent thread on the Sleep Systems forum.

Best,
Kurt

Stone Glacier - Ultralight Packs
Just about sold on the 40/56. Curious if there will be a matching access bag available? I really like how light it is, and I like the color, but I'd like the option to add that access bag or something like it for odds and ends.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm a poor boy that saves his money to hunt. Not buy gear. however, after visiting the SG page this morning, I was having a hard time obeying that principle. Man, they really got into the innovation and who ever is running their marketing is dong a great job. Almost made me drop a 1/4 of an elk hunt's worth of money at 7 AM this morning. ;)

SCOGS

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if the new Evo 3300 bag has a small open top pocket on the left side? It looks like it might from the picture, but I can't tell.

hflier

WKR
One thing they have down is customer service. Fast answers on the phone and I have ordered four times from them and each time the shipment went out immediately. Heck I even got a shipping notice on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Does anyone know if the new Evo 3300 bag has a small open top pocket on the left side? It looks like it might from the picture, but I can't tell.

I believe its exactly the same as the solo 3300 other than the color. So if the Solo has one then the Evo should.

wyodan

WKR

According to Stone Glacier, it does not. I asked them the same question.

SCOGS

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks man. That's a bummer. I liked my solo bag when I had it, I just wish it had side pockets for my trekking poles. Thought the new bag might have a pocket, but I guess not.

eagle#eyes

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but does the belt on the Krux Evo fit on the old Krux?