New Mystery Ranch Packs

TheTone

WKR
The pop ups look really cool to me. I think there is a really good chance I'll pick one up for my wife.

Lots of great looking new MR products across the line and happy to see some bags and frames available seprately

This looks like a great concept. I've been frustrated by using a 26 inch Kifaru frame in day pack mode.
Might have to get me one of these.

Ledanek

Lil-Rokslider
That chews into my Pintler hopes. Very cool.

Pay attention to the Closeout if color is not important.
Also, pay attention to the 2018 Guidelight-capable packs. 2018 GL have buckle system on the Loadlifters like the Selway 60.
The sliding/separation of pack to the frame is different on current Pintler, which doesn't need a buckle system to slide off the frame like the TERRAFRAME 3-ZIP 50 (seen on video timeline 2:34

I'd be primarily interested in how these 2 packs carry an 80+ pound load in comparison to a Guide Lite (framed) pack. The convertible alum poles have the neat/gadget factor, but I'd have to know this pack would carry a heavy load just as well as a Pintler or Metcalf. I won't be springing for one given my immense satisfaction with my Pintler and the custom rigging I've done. It will be interesting to see if the Terraframe is well accepted and becomes a staple in their lineup.

Anyway...definite props to the company for being innovative and unafraid to market new ideas.

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
I'd be primarily interested in how these 2 packs carry an 80+ pound load in comparison to a Guide Lite (framed) pack. The convertible alum poles have the neat/gadget factor, but I'd have to know this pack would carry a heavy load just as well as a Pintler or Metcalf. I won't be springing for one given my immense satisfaction with my Pintler and the custom rigging I've done. It will be interesting to see if the Terraframe is well accepted and becomes a staple in their lineup.

Anyway...definite props to the company for being innovative and unafraid to market new ideas.

That's exactly what I was thinking, I'd LOVE to see a direct comparison review done by a reseller (hint, hint!) to get a better idea of how they compare and what benefits each one has over the other.

That 80L pack REALLY piqued my interest. However I couldn't quite confirm from the video, does the pack completely remove from the Terraframe to allow the frame to act as a load hauler or is it totally attached?

Terraframe has the distinct advantage of keeping the frame height low, which would be great for using in "daypack hunting" mode...

NDGuy

WKR
Dang looks like I may have bought a pack from them 1 year early. I am interested in seeing what they do with their larger packs.

Does anyone know if the 2018 Metcalf/Pintler will detach from the frame completely? Or are they still sewn onto it via the load shelf.

Dang looks like I may have bought a pack from them 1 year early. I am interested in seeing what they do with their larger packs.

Does anyone know if the 2018 Metcalf/Pintler will detach from the frame completely? Or are they still sewn onto it via the load shelf.

They are selling the pintler as bag only along with a few others and the frames as a separate on their site. I presume it fully detaches.

NDGuy

WKR
They are selling the pintler as bag only along with a few others and the frames as a separate on their site. I presume it fully detaches.

I haven't checked but I am pretty sure the 2017 model Metcalf can't completely detach from the pack. I wanted to get the Metcalf and Pintler and use as needed. Looks like I might've F'd up.

I haven't checked but I am pretty sure the 2017 model Metcalf can't completely detach from the pack. I wanted to get the Metcalf and Pintler and use as needed. Looks like I might've F'd up.

It does detach. there are 2 buckles up in the frame you release and the bag and load sling come off together

boom

WKR

you can buy a Pintler bag-only for our guide frames. while i have not taken my Metcalf completely off the frame; just seeing the pintler bag for sale tells me i can. (and reading the description: it is for those of use with a guide light frame) i'll try it tonight..if i remember.

mtnhmr

FNG
Only if MR will sell the Metcalf bag. :(

For those that bought the Pintler (GLF) – we are in essence, hooped. Yea, finding a Metcalf bag through private sale is the one and only open – correct?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
There are 3 frames getting discussed, the pop up (neat idea, curious how it hauls a stout load as others are also curious above). The guidelight (I don't think they changed anything on it?). And the terraframe which looks close to the guidelight but with a little different belt setup (is that better/worse for heavy loads or user preference?) not sure what else differs looks like bags could go in between visually but not sure if there are dimensional differences. The terraframe packs have their frame sleeves unbuckle it appears which is nice to expedite conversion to the load shelf. The selway doesn't appear to have a frame sleeve. Cool to see innovations.