New Mystery Ranch Packs

Gutpile

Lil-Rokslider
I have had very good results with the suspension/frame/harnessing under heavy and awkward loads -- elk quarters, boned out meat, hard sided camera cases, treestands, etc.
MR packs are worn by Special Forces across all branches and have been since 2000, as well as hunters, etc. The system works. Dana Gleason has 40 years experience building packs, including the Overload Shelf concept. It came to light during the military contract work, long before KUIU was a reality. Where do you think they "borrowed" the idea from? :)

I wasn't suggesting that Kuiu invented the idea only that there are other companies that offer the meat shelf on their packs.

Damn, just take my money. i love my metcalf and my marshall been looking for a pintler or crew cab bag only. love that mule and the pintler bag only options. i see some of my paycheck not making it home.

Ledanek

Lil-Rokslider
winter update....definitely a sizing issue going on here.
kXGQkpu.jpg

As you can see it's cinched up pretty good. Not choking me but the waits belt still slides off my hips and the frame's padding that supposed to rest on the curve/ small of your back/top of sacrum is way lower as seen here

2j3x88h.jpg

I wish this is just a waist belt issue but it seems I could benefit with the yoke being smaller, so I can adjust the frame "higher" to my shoulder, lifting the bottom, and hopefully lift it higher above my waist.
If you know any retailers that carry the Guide Light Frame and ships free vs MR's $20 shipping, I'd greatly appreciate it

besides BlackOvis and Scheels (I'v checked them already). any other retailers that carries Waistbelts or Yokes only for Mystery Ranch?

I'm thinking of trying a smaller size waistbelt for Pintler.

Thanks

Last edited:
the minute i can order that bag only pintler or the mule in subalpine the money will be out the door. I really want that badly. may end up getting the pintler in foliage now. just for my walk in the park pack when i dont want to wear camo. I really like these options.

Nice new offering. Since I switch from the nice to the guide Lite frame I been a very happy camper. I am running a pintler and a metcalf. The guide Lite frame has been the best load hauler I owned. I can’t see having anything else on my back if Elk or moose are on my agenda.
The pop up pack is intriguing to me and seems to be a I fine alternative if nothing larger then Deer is on the agenda...so Deer from a basecamp...that looks like a great pack idea.

I'm starting to get scared. This would be the 4th thing you've said in the last month that I actually agreed quite well with. :^)

Dang, I've been looking at that pop up 28 since seeing this thread. I do believe I'm gonna have to have one. Its the perfect pack concept for what I do here in WV.

Anyone know where in the greater Denver area a person could go examine these in person? In particular the Pintler, Selway, and Metcalf. Have a hard time ordering sight unseen and am undecided which one would be best for my circumstances. Seems like none of the retailers listed in the MR web site actually have inventory. Thanks,
signed "late to the party"

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Scheels up in Loveland has some, probably would have the pintler and Metcalf, not sure if the selway is rolled out to them yet. Someone mentioned one of the archery shops or something stocked MR as well in a different thread but I'm not intimately familiar.

rcrfc

FNG
Can anyone speak to the quality and durability of the new fabric choice for the subalpine line (610HP Cordura vs 500D Cordura)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
What is the frame /stay length on the pop up frame. Both extended and collapsed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was this questions answered? I went through the replies, but may have missed it

I spoke with one of MR reps today (very knowledgeable young lady, can't recall her name)- discussing the Pop Up; I asked her about load limits on the Pop Up and she though ballpark 80-ish lbs- personally I don't like to haul more than 80 lbs, so that doesn't bother me

I really like this idea (Pop Up), but I would like it even more if I could use one for a week or so to try out :D

Trial153

WKR
i hate to think i am getting gear snobish to point of having species and hunt spefic packs, but who am i kidding. That pop up has my name written all over for a couple of mule deer day hunts i do.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
from MR- the stays on the Pop Up extended are 24.25”, collapsed 14.25”- stated that it would be slightly longer than that with the sewn pockets