New Mystery Ranch Packs

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
We have some of the Pop 18 and 28 packs in stock now. Loaded one up with 60 lbs with the stays up and I was very impressed. For the size of this pack with the stays down it is a real game changer in day pack design. I felt like I could comfortably carry 80-90 lbs no problem with this pack. I own the Guide Light framed Cabinet and it is definitely slightly more comfortable with 60 lbs but considerably more bulky. MR hit it out of the park with the Pop Up series!

NDGuy

WKR
Are you guys getting any Pintler or Mule bags only soon?

Edit: You do have them..my wallettttt...it hurts

elkyinzer

WKR
How does the popup series do with like 20-30 pounds of day gear and the stays folded down? That's what really interests me because that's going to be what I am working with 99% of the time. I'm concerned there is some sway in the pack and that it isn't going to be that great in the folded down configuration because there aren't any buckles that hook up high in the yoke area to secure the load. I can deal with a little misery the 1% of the time I am using the pack to pack meat, but if it needs to be a killer performance daypack in the folded down configuration too.

NDGuy

WKR
How does the popup series do with like 20-30 pounds of day gear and the stays folded down? That's what really interests me because that's going to be what I am working with 99% of the time. I'm concerned there is some sway in the pack and that it isn't going to be that great in the folded down configuration because there aren't any buckles that hook up high in the yoke area to secure the load. I can deal with a little misery the 1% of the time I am using the pack to pack meat, but if it needs to be a killer performance daypack in the folded down configuration too.

I am leaning towards getting the Mule or Pintler bag only. I already have a Metcalf on the guidelight. I think I'd rather save the $150 with the Mule vs the Popup.

WKR
I'm thinking I'd like to get the pintler bag for my guidelite frame (currently have Marshall bag), but the Popup 28 is only $50 more than the pintler bag, would be more ideal for day hunting, and I'd have a second "frame pack" for taking friends/relatives.

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
Did anyone end up weighing the frame on its own?

Very curious to get a weight since I’m thinking of buying it and just making a DIY expedition pack bag to use with the stays up.

For those that have used it, does the thinner belt give any disadvantages that you can see?

Do you think it would be capable of carrying say 100lbs but just that it’s not going to be comfortable at the higher loads?

wentrot

FNG
Finally got my new guide lite frame/mule in subalpine yesterday. The at home fondling Iv done has exceeded my expectations. Can’t wait to be back to good health and get it out in the woods.

GPool1842

WKR
As it has the same geometry/build quality/materials as the GuideLight, you could go north of 100 pounds with no issues.

Important to note that the Terraframe is made out of the 330D light plus Cordura compared to the 500D Cordura found in the hunting line. That Terra 80 caught my eye too until I saw the fabric wasn’t the same as the Metcalf I have. Does make sense for the backpacking community though...

NDGuy

WKR
I'm thinking I'd like to get the pintler bag for my guidelite frame (currently have Marshall bag), but the Popup 28 is only $50 more than the pintler bag, would be more ideal for day hunting, and I'd have a second "frame pack" for taking friends/relatives.

I’m starting to lean this way as well. I like the idea of two packs vs having to take the Metcalf bag off for the Pintler bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk