Kifaru 22 Mag review Videos

wesfromky

WKR
I have a woodsman on a 24" that I use for hunting. I also have an Antero that I got for EDC, day hiking and a range bag, but it has pretty much been dedicated to EDC for work now. So, have been back and forth on a range bag / day pack for a month or two. Was going to get an xray, then maybe another Antero, then had kinda decided the 22 mag on my 24" frame. But, with the 25%, decided to go ahead and pick up a 22" frame as well.

I have an E&E that will be here Friday as well. Think I might have a problem...

brownbear

FNG
Payday is Friday. I’ll add in the notes that Jordan’s review (and this sale) made it happen. I hope they hook her up w some fresh kifaru swag for her efforts. Between this and the first lite sale I’ve already come close to my yearly gear purchase allotment. Sure appreciative of them doing so.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Payday is Friday. I’ll add in the notes that Jordan’s review (and this sale) made it happen. I hope they hook her up w some fresh kifaru swag for her efforts. Between this and the first lite sale I’ve already come close to my yearly gear purchase allotment. Sure appreciative of them doing so.

Oh dang you didn't have to do that... I truly appreciate it!

Dobermann

WKR
Wow ... that's a great deal. Frank recommended a 22 Mag to me last year, and I just couldn't get it to run on my 24" frame to how I'd like it, so bought a dedicated 22" frame for it - this works like a charm.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I talked to Frank just a second ago and the 22mag packs that are in the on sale run, do not have the sewn in meat shelves.

I do want to throw my opinion out there on the actual shelf thing.... I've hauled a lot in between the bag and the frame on the 22 mag and I've never ever had any troubles with the the load trying to slip through the bottom. That's what those bottom compression straps are for, is to keep the bottom of the load really tight and not allow anything to work it's way down. Some PM's I've gotten are guys worried about not actually having the sewn in little "shelf" on these bags on sale, and I really don't think your going to see a difference in performance. Just my . 02

jmsdad

Lil-Rokslider
Great reviews of the 22mag. Now see if you can convince the head honchos at Kifaru to do a sale on the 14r say on or close to Feb 14th

deadwolf

WKR
I talked to Frank just a second ago and the 22mag packs that are in the on sale run, do not have the sewn in meat shelves.

I do want to throw my opinion out there on the actual shelf thing.... I've hauled a lot in between the bag and the frame on the 22 mag and I've never ever had any troubles with the the load trying to slip through the bottom. That's what those bottom compression straps are for, is to keep the bottom of the load really tight and not allow anything to work it's way down. Some PM's I've gotten are guys worried about not actually having the sewn in little "shelf" on these bags on sale, and I really don't think your going to see a difference in performance. Just my . 02

And if someone is paranoid about it, you can run a system like Ryan Sanpei and use a grab it in between bag and frame. That looks like it works pretty slick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brownbear

FNG
Just placed my order for a 22mag in Ranger Green!! Jordan, thanks again for taking the time to make and post your videos, and to be available to answer my (and everyone else's) questions about the pack. I told Kifaru of you efforts in the notes box. Again, much appreciated!!

bates

WKR
Just an FYI they are not going to make the new frame in a 22inch version

so if you are thinking about waiting for the new one and wanted the 22 then order now with the sale...

N2TRKYS

WKR
I was going to order a 22 Mag, but noticed that it's only 4 ounces lighter than the AMR. Dang it, I couldn't justify the cost. Looks like a good setup, though.

frankrb3

WKR
My ranger green 22 mag and 22" tactical frame just arrived. I am so glad I took advantage of the sale and bought this setup. So far I am really liking the panel loader configuration and all of the lashing points that come on the kifaru frame. I'm going to keep my stone glacier xcurve frame but I would like to sell my tan R3 bag and upgrade to the 5900 with the lid.

Yep, I am really liking this bag. If I was an out west day hunter, I don't see as well thought option from anyone of the other companies. Pretty dang good organization from the stock pack. Add a couple belt pockets and you could pass a Drill Sargent inspection for organization. And that top pocket is genius.

I tried getting everything in it for a three day, fair weather excursion and, can't quite do it from the stock pack. However, By using a pod for my bag below the pack bag and, a big spotter pocket on the back, that easily becomes possible as the only thing left out was food.

frankrb3

WKR
Yep, I am really liking this bag. If I was an out west day hunter, I don't see as well thought option from anyone of the other companies. Pretty dang good organization from the stock pack. Add a couple belt pockets and you could pass a Drill Sargent inspection for organization. And that top pocket is genius.

I tried getting everything in it for a three day, fair weather excursion and, can't quite do it from the stock pack. However, By using a pod for my bag below the pack bag and, a big spotter pocket on the back, that easily becomes possible as the only thing left out was food.

I was thinking the same thing. I believe if I use my stone glacier load cell between the frame and bag and add a few pouches to the panel then I could definitely get a weekend out of this pack.