Insight on new kifaru frame?

mt100gr.

WKR
There are no attachment points on the back of the frame like the Hunter or Tactical have. What I plan to do is use the tab loops that are at different heights.
The new Muskeg Frame has 5 tab loops up each side...When the Muskeg bag is attached the 3 horizontal compression straps use 2 of the tab loops on the frame and one on the top of the bag itself... so that leaves 3 tab loops to use for the Grab It.

If using without the bag you have the 5 tab loops to choose from.

Thanks for that. I was more referring to on the frame panel - attachments points for the "bottom" of the grab-it. I typically load heavier items about a third of the way up the panel so the load is higher behind my shoulders. Seems strange that a low load shelf would be the only option. Trade offs on everything I suppose.

DWP51

Lil-Rokslider
What do you guys think of the 1/8 vs the 1/16.

I just want the 5 tab loops. I have the duplex Hunter now with 4 tab Loops and it seems like they don't line up quite right with my AMR in the middle. I think 5 would be be perfect. I wouldn't mind three if I knew for sure they lined up right on the money. (OCD)

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

An extra tab loop is a good thing IMO. I would prefer that the horizontal compression straps were slightly lower than the tab loops that I hook them up to in order to provide some lift to the compression on the bag when tightened. 5 tab lops seems to provide options with where the compression straps get hooked up on any of their bags. Personally I would prefer if the new frames had at least 1 tab loop sewn into the back of the frame that lined up with the 2nd tab loop from the top (on the side) so I can have upward lift with a Grab It. I plan to have someone sew one in for me (pods8??????).

I prefer options so that I can figure out what works best for me.

DWP51

Lil-Rokslider
What's the results with barreling? It doesn't seem favorable??

My big concern isn't barreling, it is the difference in padding. The old frames have the padding on the shoulder straps PLUS the padding that wraps around the shoulder straps to contain them. It looks as if the new frames have slightly thicker shoulder straps but that is it????? No padding wrapping around them from the frame, just tab loops.

I will know after I try it out.

I know that Kifaru doesn't put out gear without thoroughly testing it out, so I trust their process.

So none of us will know until sometime in May I would guess?

twall13

WKR
What's the results with barreling? It doesn't seem favorable??
I honestly can't say without testing but I've heard Aron say it's more horizontally rigid than the hunter frame, similar to the Tactical frame. If that's the case it should be pretty resistant to barreling.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I honestly can't say without testing but I've heard Aron say it's more horizontally rigid than the hunter frame, similar to the Tactical frame. If that's the case it should be pretty resistant to barreling.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That would be very nice.

After reading this, I'm certain of two things. First as a a whole, hunters are a very fickle breed of people. And, second is I would never want to build something to try and satisfy such a broad range of wants and opinions.

PredatorX

WKR
Couldn't you use the tab loops on the lower back with a grab it for the meat shelf?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

DWP51

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for that. I was more referring to on the frame panel - attachments points for the "bottom" of the grab-it. I typically load heavier items about a third of the way up the panel so the load is higher behind my shoulders. Seems strange that a low load shelf would be the only option. Trade offs on everything I suppose.

What I am saying is that there are options with the extra tab loops, even for the bottom of a Grab It. If the 1st or 2nd tab loop up from the bottom is attached to a compression strap or the packbag you can still use them for the bottom of a Grab It.

I agree that it is unfortunate that there are not sewn on tab loops up the back of the frame. I would prefer the new frame to have the attachment points like the Tactical frame has up the back of the frame sheet, but like you said tradeoffs... But I do see the potential to make it work well with the extra tab loops as they can elevate the bottom of a Grab It so the load carries better

Last edited:
I figured that was how a meat shelf would attach. However, I have a High Camp 7000 and the meat shelf was an add on accessory and set higher up on the frame. It doesn’t look like it will work unless I have something made...

PredatorX

WKR
If anyone is questioning this frames strength check it out on instagram. Aron is hauling a GIANT load on a lite frame.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk