Insight on new kifaru frame?

twall13

WKR
Does the 2000 bag fit in a 24” tactical frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use both an Exo 2000 and 5500 on my 26" frame. I can't see why it wouldn't work on a 24" frame. That's probably closer to the Exo frame height anyway.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sr80

WKR
With this new frame and opening between the frame, is anyone experiencing stuff poking through at touching your back? Obviously something sharp and awkward might but say you had a jetboil packed inside your bag would you feel it?

PredatorX

WKR
The opening is about 2.5" wide. I think you'd be hard pressed to feel it into your back. I suppose if it was really protruding then you'd probably feel it. The extra airflow you get is nice! I love my UL frame.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ironman8

WKR
There was a couple posts way back in the thread about these coming in over the specified weight. What is the actual weight of these packs compared to listed weight?

matman

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if Kifaru has released a fix for running the load shelf elevated? I knew there was talk about it after the release of the frame.

RustyHazen

Lil-Rokslider
My Duplex lite frame with short shoulder straps and small belt weighs exactly 3 pounds, 4.1 ounces. According to Kifaru, it seems like I got the heaviest one ever made. Just lucky I guess ;) A little heavier than I'd like, but after a bunch of pack cardio, training hikes, and scouting trips, I will say this thing is STUPID COMFORTABLE! Carries like an absolute dream!

PredatorX

WKR
I second that. I've only been up to 67 pounds in mine @ 2.5 miles and haven't felt the slightest discomfort. In fact I've never felt any discomfort in this pack with about 20 miles logged in.

I don't have anything accurate enough to weigh over 2.5# so I can't get a weight on mine. I will see what I can do tonight though.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

matman

Lil-Rokslider
For anyone interested in the elevated load shelf fix. I contacted Kifaru and Cory told me he has not seen or heard of any fix for the load shelf being ran elevated. As before, load shelf is to be connected on your lower common loops.

aion2come

WKR
@matman. That is actually why I am sticking with my duplex hunter. I think Kifaru rocks and Aron is awesome (all the guys there are). But this decision to forgo the raised load shelf was a mistake imho. Lots of people like this feature and for an extra ounce and $1 or less in parts, they could have made this frame more appealing to lots of folks. I'd like to try the new frame, but an elevated load shelf for me was something I have found I need for me to carry weight comfortably.

matman

Lil-Rokslider
@matman. That is actually why I am sticking with my duplex hunter. I think Kifaru rocks and Aron is awesome (all the guys there are). But this decision to forgo the raised load shelf was a mistake imho. Lots of people like this feature and for an extra ounce and $1 or less in parts, they could have made this frame more appealing to lots of folks. I'd like to try the new frame, but an elevated load shelf for me was something I have found I need for me to carry weight comfortably.

Aion, I feel the same way about it the guys at Kifaru and their products. I carry weight more comfortably higher on my back as well, so the elevated shelf is a must for me. I have come up with two different ways for making this happen on the new frames. The reason I asked is because if Kifaru had a fix I would wait to see what they came up with and try theirs. However, since they have not, I will move forward on the steps to make my own. If this is your only hitch on grabbing up the new frame I’ll let you know how my “fix” goes this hunting season.

sr80

WKR
For the guys that have or had the hunter or tactical frames. Do you guys notice much difference in the frame comfort, as in the frame section that contacts your back that is just two vertical straps now.

The two vertical straps are EXTREMELY comfortable on the new frames. I can tell no difference in comfort in that area between the hunter and Lite frames I have. However, the lite frame breathes much better

So after testing new life Frame with weight 50-80 lbs I am a little surprised with the side to side play of the Frame. I finally figured out why and the back padding has movement within the 4 web bindings so there is nothing really to fix this. I am used to my pack staying more secure to my back.

sr80

WKR
So after testing new life Frame with weight 50-80 lbs I am a little surprised with the side to side play of the Frame. I finally figured out why and the back padding has movement within the 4 web bindings so there is nothing really to fix this. I am used to my pack staying more secure to my back.

interesting, i thought about that when looking at these frames on the website, most packs use velcro to keep them from moving. I have one on order, still waiting for shipment. My hunter frame is comfortable, my only complaint is the barreling.

Mine don't move. Pretty sure they were designed not to have the side to side movement like you described. There would be no benefit in them having that kind of slack in them.

Mine don't move. Pretty sure they were designed not to have the side to side movement like you described. There would be no benefit in them having that kind of slack in them.

Congrats! Maybe I randomly got a loose one. I can only speak from my experience and unfortunately this has nothing to do with adjusting or fitting.

Squirrels

WKR
Yeah I don’t get any side to side movement in the harness either. I’d call if it were me.