Insight on new kifaru frame?

My light is 51.5 oz or 1465 grams naked. 24' with composite stays and small belt

A little heavier than listed weight I think
Wow really? So it actually weighs almost a half pound more than what they're telling their customers? What's up with that? Maybe their weights are without the removable lumbar pad attached.

JP100

WKR
Wow really? So it actually weighs almost a half pound more than what they're telling their customers? What's up with that? Maybe their weights are without the removable lumbar pad attached.

No I dont think there is much difference.
Listed weight is 2lbs 14oz, which is 1300 grams roughly

Mine is 150 grams heavier, or around 5oz,
not a very big difference I didnt think.

WoodBow

WKR
So i made a copy cat of the kifaru lite frame and wished i had added the higher loaf sheld tabs like some of yall are doing.

For those of you who would like that feature but dont want to mod the frame, you can fit another piece of webbing through the ladderloc used for the shoulder strap straps on the backside of frame. It is right below where folks are adding tabs. I have mocked it up but not tested it with weight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Loco4dux

WKR
I like what you guys did with the elevated meat shelf, why did they change that from the old frames..............

tgskog

FNG
My guess...try to shave weight in any area they could
My opinion...I'll take the extra ounce for the elevated shelf attachments but i also don't cut my toothbrush handle off yet...

Jay03

WKR
For you folks that have already had the new frame for a bit and packed weight in it(50+lbs), does it make a lot of noise? Like squeaks and rubbing while hiking? My 2015 version tactical duplex makes enough noise that people hiking with me can hear it from 15-20 feet away. It drowns out all sound for me while in the woods on the move. Usually only with heavier loads though. The only way I have found to reduce it is if I tighten it down so much to a point I am cutting off circulation to my arms. I don't use it much anymore and find myself using the bikini frame I have. I am thinking that without the pads that wrap around and Velcro between the shoulder straps that my dilemma may be solved with this newer frame. I ordered one, just curious what you all have been experiencing with it. I am to a point where nothing can be worse than my tactical duplex. I wish I had kept my earlier tactical frame from before the 2015 version. And yes I have spent hours adjusting and messing with the frame to try and find a better fit without the noise while hiking.

Loco4dux

WKR
For you folks that have already had the new frame for a bit and packed weight in it(50+lbs), does it make a lot of noise? Like squeaks and rubbing while hiking? My 2015 version tactical duplex makes enough noise that people hiking with me can hear it from 15-20 feet away. It drowns out all sound for me while in the woods on the move. Usually only with heavier loads though. The only way I have found to reduce it is if I tighten it down so much to a point I am cutting off circulation to my arms. I don't use it much anymore and find myself using the bikini frame I have. I am thinking that without the pads that wrap around and Velcro between the shoulder straps that my dilemma may be solved with this newer frame. I ordered one, just curious what you all have been experiencing with it. I am to a point where nothing can be worse than my tactical duplex. I wish I had kept my earlier tactical frame from before the 2015 version. And yes I have spent hours adjusting and messing with the frame to try and find a better fit without the noise while hiking.

I have not had that experience, mine has been super quiet.

slim9300

WKR

Zero noise for my three frames.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
My Hunter frame is the opposite. I don't get the noise under heavy loads but because the frame is stiff it makes a rubbing noise between the shoulder straps and my back/shoulders as I walk with lighter loads (ie. the frame doesn't flex and move with my body movement). I can crank the shoulder straps tighter or transfer all the weight to my shoulders and it goes away. It's really not that bad/loud but I notice it. No squeaky noises, just materials rubbing a bit.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

lintond

WKR
Well I finally couldn’t resist any more and bought the UL frame. Going to compare it to my hunter duplex and decide which to keep. The increased flexibility and venting sounds nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had some noise with mine early on this spring during turkey hunting but I haven’t noticed it lately. I thought it was coming from the stiffening rod between the stays but not sure. It was what I considered very loud. As in a deal breaker in the elk woods. I’ll be putting some miles on again this weekend so I’ll play with it some and see if it makes noise again or whether that was just before it was broke in.

Looks like there aren't any tab loops below where the load lifters connect to the frame like on the tactical. Anyone know where a guy can get these sewn on for a reasonable price?