Insight on new kifaru frame?

gelton

WKR
I have one of the original (or close to it) duplex frames purchased in 2012. It has a single row of pals webbing on the belt instead of two which is why I know it is an older model. I also have a T1 bag. I absolutely hate it during day hunts but I absolutely love it on the hike in and out. It isnt until I get 75-100lbs in it that I really appreciate it. With 20-30 lbs in it, I wish I just had a day pack.

When I bought it I thought it would be a good pack for 10 years minimum, but after ~ 5 years I cant wait to find out more about the new frame. I am definitely interested in learning more.

Mike Echo

FNG
frank said about a month til it is released

Thanks for passing that on. I really wanted to find out when they are releasing it. I am buying a frame (and a pile of other stuff) for my wife in a few weeks. I suppose I'll just wait until the new one comes out. I'll definitely be jealous of her having the newer frame.

KurtR

WKR
The old this will be the last pack and frame i ever need sales gimmick i sold my wife is not working out. Cant wait to see what this frame offers and glad i have a little time to come up why i need it haha

I hope that it is an adjustable stay height frame. The ability to add a couple inches when the pack gets really heavy, but not have a full height frame all the time is really appealing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

elkyinzer

WKR
I hope that it is an adjustable stay height frame. The ability to add a couple inches when the pack gets really heavy, but not have a full height frame all the time is really appealing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Exactly. It's the only way to really optimize the daypack/hauler configuration.

PredatorX

WKR
They did say they want to open it up to the whitetail hunters as well. I can see this as accommodating to that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Dodgeis4me

Lil-Rokslider
Aaron's Kifaru cast just mentioned the new frame pre-orders might be available in two weeks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Aaron's Kifaru cast just mentioned the new frame pre-orders might be available in two weeks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Did they say anything about the new frame and its design? I have the podcast downloaded, just haven't listened to it yet.

kickemall

WKR
My very limited info. is that it is going to be the same hunting platform but with a few things removed to cut the weight. No real design change.

Looked to me in one of the pics with the Crater/Cavern that it had a dual tensioning belt in place of the two rows of PALs webbing. If that weight ends up being correct I'll be very interested. I love my 22" frame but I'm going to a 24" and a bigger bag to avoid adding exterior pockets for longer hunts.

Edit: Just listened to the podcast.
24" curved stays, medium belt = 2 lb 8 oz
Skeletonized, more breathable
More horizontally rigid

Just in time for my theft return.

Last edited:

Dobermann

WKR
And without listening all over again, I think Aron said something about it having the same rigidity as the tactical frame ... but I could have that very, very wrong! :D

wyelkhunter

Lil-Rokslider
everyone keeps talking about how it sounds so revolutionary and new.. . everything that is being described sounds pretty much like a Seekoutside pack frame.

work765

WKR
Someone have the link of Aaron talking about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MattB

WKR
Lighter, stiffer, and better ventilated. What's not to like? We say a prototype and I think it was just over a pound lighter than the current gen hunting frame.