Insight on new kifaru frame?

wesfromky

WKR
Don't know where you heard that, but it's not true (that I noticed) of any of the prototypes I've seen. The new bags however are going away from holes in the hypalon and putting the load lifter loops directly on the bags, but those will slip over top of the ones on the frame.

My 22mag showed up today setup like that. Seems to make it easier to work with the meat shelf vs my woodsman.

Pretty sure it’ll hold up. There ishouldn’t be a whole lot of force on the load lifter other then to pull the load tight to your back and release the pressure off the top of the shoulder. Plus, Kifaru doesn’t wing anything. I’m sure they based the idea off of their internal frame’s performance.

That's the exact same mod I did on mine. I attached a buckle so I could get the top on and off easier. I did away with the slider. I think it will hold up great for hunting, guys that do train to hunt where the pack jostles around while running and jumping might see more stress on that area than us , who just simply pack out walking

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

wesfromky

WKR
Did you notice your 22MAG has a nomad label sewn on?

Yep, I figure that probably at least triples the resale value, right? "Super rare Kifaru 22mag pack with a Nomad label. Only one known to have been made - $800"

Actually, I took it as sign I need to return to the much more nomadic life I used to live...

DWP51

Lil-Rokslider
We will see, as soon as someone cranks down a top compression strap hard enough to tear them out of the hypalon it may go away.

I was thinking that that may become an issue. Also, there has to be some amount of give/play associated with attaching load lifters to a sleeve. Time will tell.

I know they don't just wing it with their products (plus this is what they do for a living, been doing it for a long time) so I have to believe that they considered all of the possibilities.

DWP51

Lil-Rokslider
Seeing those pics makes it apparent that they have fleshed it all out. The stress will likely get transferred to the frame mostly.

Looks as if the timing of selling my old G2 Longhunter set up is looking good to me. I for one am excited, now we wait for more info on the new frame.

I was thinking that that may become an issue. Also, there has to be some amount of give/play associated with attaching load lifters to a sleeve. Time will tell.

I know they don't just wing it with their products (plus this is what they do for a living, been doing it for a long time) so I have to believe that they considered all of the possibilities.

Yeah, I'm sure it has been tested and I made that comment back when I thought it was still Hypalon. Now that I see from the pictures that it is Cordura I am far less worried. Aron is the hardest on gear that I have ever seen. He has told me things that he has broken that I would never even think to worry about.

I cant see any pics so what do you do if your older bag has the hypalon sleeve?

Nothing.... nothing has changed on the frame. The new bags just have the load lifter attachments sewn into the bag and they will slip over top of the ones on the frame rather than have holes to get to the ones on the frame.

deadwolf

WKR
One thing I’ve noticed so far with the new cordura fabric as opposed to the hypalon is that the pocket for the top of the frame to slide into is not near as tight as the old style. Without much weight in the pack, when I lift the bag with the handle, it slides an 1”-1.5” up off the frame. I don’t think it’s going to be an issue, and certainly when the bag is loaded heavy it’s going to sit tight down on the frame. But it did strike me as unusual as compared to the old style.
d2e065b4bc1996edb22d0030552d1874.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWP51

Lil-Rokslider
One thing I’ve noticed so far with the new cordura fabric as opposed to the hypalon is that the pocket for the top of the frame to slide into is not near as tight as the old style. Without much weight in the pack, when I lift the bag with the handle, it slides an 1”-1.5” up off the frame. I don’t think it’s going to be an issue, and certainly when the bag is loaded heavy it’s going to sit tight down on the frame. But it did strike me as unusual as compared to the old style.
d2e065b4bc1996edb22d0030552d1874.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is it is purposefully that way to make the load shelf option easier. I know that the hypalon sleeve on my old G2 frame was "sticky" on the inside due to the nature of the material. Trying to slide the pack off of the frame when all the straps were unbuckled was a PITA.

This new material looks like it is not "sticky"?