Insight on new kifaru frame?

twall13

WKR
They did the Instagram video as a live video under Aron's Instagram. Hopefully he posts it up on his story later as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I couldn't be happier that Kifaru announced a new lightweight frame coming out. By telling us in advance it gives us time to evaluate which gear will be getting upgraded this season. I chose to sell my hunting frame so that I can buy the new lightweight frame when it comes available. I don't view Kifaru's announcement as "marketing hype" but more as "wait if you're about to buy a frame because we've got a new one coming soon". I appreciate them announcing it ahead.

mt100gr.

WKR
I couldn't be happier that Kifaru announced a new lightweight frame coming out. By telling us in advance it gives us time to evaluate which gear will be getting upgraded this season. I chose to sell my hunting frame so that I can buy the new lightweight frame when it comes available. I don't view Kifaru's announcement as "marketing hype" but more as "wait if you're about to buy a frame because we've got a new one coming soon". I appreciate them announcing it ahead.

Please post a link to the announcement. Thank you.

wapitibob

WKR
Just spent some time with the new frame, Aron and crew. Very nice lightweight frame, easy shoulder strap adj and I like the way they're held in position against the frame. The usual kifaru loops down the side too. I had many good years with a bikini and this should be no different.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just spent some time with the new frame, Aron and crew. Very nice lightweight frame, easy shoulder strap adj and I like the way they're held in position against the frame. The usual kifaru loops down the side too. I had many good years with a bikini and this should be no different.
Thanks for all the photos

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Dang! Missed the Instagram deal and can't find it through searching, so I guess I will have to wait.

That light weight frame with the 3000 CI bag seems like exactly what I have been looking for for a scouting and summer hiking trip pack. Then can switch to a bigger bag and the hunter frame for when meat hauling is inevitable.

wapitibob

WKR
I appreciated the opportunity to look at the new product, taking pics and plastering them all over the web didn't really enter my mind.

mrgreen

WKR
3 new packs made from coyote Xpac fabric. Completely waterproof and lighter than the 500d cordura fabric. Sizes are 3000, 5400, and a 7200 I believe is what he said. As well as the organizer lid and belt pouches. I think he said the 7k bag is right around 2lbs

If that's an internal frame like my Tarryall- you'll see Thru Hikers wearing it.

And me.

PredatorX

WKR
Looks like a great frame. The bikini and hunting frame had a child. This it it. I like that they are offering it in 1/16" or 1/8" HDP. Pre order in 2 weeks with a ship date of 6-8.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did I miss any mention if the frame will be available in other colors?

Did I miss any mention if the frame will be available in other colors?

My guess is the frame sheet will just be a single color (maybe black for thinner and brown for the thicker HDP again like the duplex) and the belts and shoulder pads will still be available in flat colors only.

Just watched the video, thanks for the link.

I think this is a game changer for anyone that is doing light and fast trips. My ~7lb pack is by far the place where I can shed the most weight in my kit. I didn't even think about how nice it would be to have a waterproof bag, but for trips with rain in the forecast, no need to haul the pack cover anymore either, which saves another ~5oz or so.

ljalberta

WKR
Love the looks and sounds of the new gear. Kifaru's 2018 line is looking like a big win.