Insight on new kifaru frame?

Dinger

WKR
Order locked in for the frame.....might go back and grab a Muskeg. Toss up between the 5000 or 7000 bag, only a couple of ounces in it.

Kotaman

WKR
I’m confused about the weight. I thought the weight savings was going to be 1 lb. 4 oz. less than the HD. Looks like it is 6 oz lighter?

I’m confused about the weight. I thought the weight savings was going to be 1 lb. 4 oz. less than the HD. Looks like it is 6 oz lighter?

Yeah, the current 26" composite hunter frame is 3lb 5oz if my memory is correct, so a little more than 6 oz savings, but not a whole lot more than that.

Jeffh0214

FNG
Does anyone know if they're going to be offering an insert or something to close the back gap when you're hauling meat so your back doesn't get bloody?

DWP51

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if they're going to be offering an insert or something to close the back gap when you're hauling meat so your back doesn't get bloody?

Aron has mentioned a few times that they have something for this in the works... on the Extreme Outer Limits Facebook page. Somewhere in the video.

I plan on using my Kifaru meat bags, so it shouldn't be a problem. Any dry bag would work as well I believe, but a regular meat bag wouldn't obviously.

colersu22

WKR
Aron has mentioned a few times that they have something for this in the works... on the Extreme Outer Limits Facebook page. Somewhere in the video.

I plan on using my Kifaru meat bags, so it shouldn't be a problem. Any dry bag would work as well I believe, but a regular meat bag wouldn't obviously.

Are you still living in Issaquah? would we be able to meet up after you get the fame so I could check it out in person? I am interested in the ultralight but would be nice to get my hands on one before dropping $350 for it.

brocksw

WKR
I was ready/excited to upgrade at over a pound lighter, but at 6 oz, not so much.
I kind of had the same feeling... But this is my first Kifaru (except for my 14r). But if I already had a duplex I don't believe I'd upgrade.

Its cheaper, ventilates better, stay design/placement seems better, and it's little lighter... Would seem silly not to get the new one... I went with the light.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Kotaman

WKR
I kind of had the same feeling... But this is my first Kifaru (except for my 14r). But if I already had a duplex I don't believe I'd upgrade.

Its cheaper, ventilates better, stay design/placement seems better, and it's little lighter... Would seem silly not to get the new one... I went with the light.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Agree 100%. If I didn't already have the Hunter Duplex, I'd be all over the new frame. For those of you planning to upgrade that already own a Hunter Duplex, what are your reasons for doing so? For me the 6 oz weight savings isn't worth it...

I won't "upgrade" yet. But, the increased ventilation would be very nice even if it weighed the same. What is stopping me from hitting the buy button tonight is not having the aluminum stay option. I wear my pack too high for the carbon/wood stays to fit exactly right with my back contour

RustyHazen

Lil-Rokslider
Wouldn't it be 9 ounces? 3-5 to 2-12. I have to say I agree. If I already had the hunter, $39 per ounce seems steep. Although if I looked at some Cuben fiber and titanium items I've purchased to cut weight...

Kotaman

WKR
Wouldn't it be 9 ounces? 3-5 to 2-12. I have to say I agree. If I already had the hunter, $39 per ounce seems steep. Although if I looked at some Cuben fiber and titanium items I've purchased to cut weight...

9 for the Ultra 1/16
6 for the lite 1/8

For "all purpose" use, I think I'd want the 1/8 Lite.

twall13

WKR
Agree 100%. If I didn't already have the Hunter Duplex, I'd be all over the new frame. For those of you planning to upgrade that already own a Hunter Duplex, what are your reasons for doing so? For me the 6 oz weight savings isn't worth it...
I don't know that I'm going to upgrade but I'm interested in seeing if the new frame twists with your body movements any more than the hunter duplex. If it does but still handles heavy loads like I expect it to I'd be interested for that reason and the increased ventilation.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have 2 duplex right now and needed a 3rd. So I waited for this new frame. That's why I got it. If I didn't need one I wouldn't have. It was hard to wait these past few weeks/months. Glad I did.

My current 24" weighs 3lbs-4oz

The new light weight only weighs 2lbs-12oz

That's a net of half a pound. So that helped make my decision.

mt100gr.

WKR
I said I wouldn't look at it but I had to....can anyone tell me if there are grab-it attachments higher up the frame? I don't any in the pics other than at the bottom of the frame.

DWP51

Lil-Rokslider
Are you still living in Issaquah? would we be able to meet up after you get the fame so I could check it out in person? I am interested in the ultralight but would be nice to get my hands on one before dropping $350 for it.

Yeah still in Issaquah. No problem, I would love to help out.

My cell is 4258904714 Shoot me a text and when it arrives we can sync up.

Derrek Pratt

DWP51

Lil-Rokslider
I said I wouldn't look at it but I had to....can anyone tell me if there are grab-it attachments higher up the frame? I don't any in the pics other than at the bottom of the frame.

There are no attachment points on the back of the frame like the Hunter or Tactical have. What I plan to do is use the tab loops that are at different heights.
The new Muskeg Frame has 5 tab loops up each side...When the Muskeg bag is attached the 3 horizontal compression straps use 2 of the tab loops on the frame and one on the top of the bag itself... so that leaves 3 tab loops to use for the Grab It.

If using without the bag you have the 5 tab loops to choose from.

snowplow

WKR
What do you guys think of the 1/8 vs the 1/16.

I just want the 5 tab loops. I have the duplex Hunter now with 4 tab Loops and it seems like they don't line up quite right with my AMR in the middle. I think 5 would be be perfect. I wouldn't mind three if I knew for sure they lined up right on the money. (OCD)

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk