Insight on new kifaru frame?

Bm22

FNG
First impression of the frame was good. Walked about 2 miles with 30 lbs in it. I cinched down an ammo can wrapped in a towel. There was very little if any flex or roll in the frame. Very impressed. This is my first Kifaru frame and bag.

This was a lite frame with a reckoning frame.

PredatorX

WKR
I haven't had a chance to attach my Argali to it yet. Will do that this weekend. Initial impression is that it feels super lightweight. Will drop it on a scale though. I got the UL and it is very rigid. Glad i didn't get the Lite with 1/8". Without a load though, I felt like it was super rigid but yet still moved or flexes enough with your body, draw movement's, etc. Looks like you wont have any problem switching out the composite stays with carbon arrows if you'd like. I am in-between a small and medium belt. Went with the medium and the fit is perfect.

If I could find one thing to complain about it would be that the rhino imprint or stitching on the lumbar pad is missing the top part of his head. This is the rhino imprint that actually touches your lumbar. Hardly anything to complain about though.

It feels great on the back. I have had their bikini frame and their last version. I feel it lands smack dab in the middle of those two in regards to weight, flex, airflow, etc. Will report back after i load her up and put some miles in.

wb8o5

FNG
FYI, I just got the shipping notification on my duplex lite frame and Reckoning bag! Estimated arrival time is already tomorrow, which is crazy, because I just placed my order on 4/17. I was expecting at least a month wait.

Interesting. I ordered the lite on 19 March and haven’t heard anything yet. 6 weeks ago today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loco4dux

WKR
Interesting. I ordered the lite on 19 March and haven’t heard anything yet. 6 weeks ago today.

Same...

Just called... "Still could be a few weeks because we haven't received the 24in frames yet."

Not the answer I was hoping for but, whatever.

Last edited:

wb8o5

FNG
Same...

Just called... "Still could be a few weeks because we haven't received the 24in frames yet."

Not the answer I was hoping for but, whatever.

Ah. Ya, I ordered the 24” as well. Thanks for the info. I was just about to make a phone call and ask if they had any updates.

work765

WKR
I’m in the same boat as you guys. I fired off an email 15 mins ago.

work765

WKR
Kifaru responded promptly with

“Anthony,

We are working on getting these sent out asap. We haven’t gotten any of the 24” frames in yet, so it will be a couple more weeks before those start shipping. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you.”

RustyHazen

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a 26" lite the very first day of the pre-order. Some guys here already have their frames. Girl at Kifaru just told me mine would going out right away in 4-6 weeks?!?! Can anyone explain this?

PredatorX

WKR
Sucks that you guys need it to train with, but it will be worth the weight. :D

Totted mine around for a few miles and it carries like a dream. 50# isn't exactly heavy but i could barely tell it was back there. I love Kifaru. They make some of the best mountain gear money can buy. My only concern is the crossbar carbon arrow. I'm not sure what the breaking point is on it, but i think i'd be hesitant to pick up the pack by it when you have a 100#+ load. No concern with my 50# load yet, but was curious as to how much she will handle.

Rican0624

Lil-Rokslider
Received my shipping notification! Ordered a 26” lite in wolf grey. I’ll post pics once it’s in.

Received my 26" lite ranger green with woodsman yesterday. Wore it around the house with 50 lbs and it felt amazing!

Not that I care that much but have any of you weighed yours? Mine is a 26 inch, lite frame with small belt coming in at 3 pds 5 oz.
my hunting duplex same set up is 3 pds 10 oz on my scale.
So 6 oz of the advertised weight.
Just curious if my scale is off that much. Thanks, rob

slim9300

WKR
Not that I care that much but have any of you weighed yours? Mine is a 26 inch, lite frame with small belt coming in at 3 pds 5 oz.
my hunting duplex same set up is 3 pds 10 oz on my scale.
So 6 oz of the advertised weight.
Just curious if my scale is off that much. Thanks, rob

I have the 26” lite, 26” ultralight and 26” Hunting Duplex along with the new Muskeg bags. I will weigh just the frame for you tomorrow. I will say that I prefer the new frame over the Hunting Duplex in many ways already (mostly design so far). It has some improvements I didn’t even realize the Hunting Duplex needed. We will see how it carries but I expect very well.

The 26” Ultralight frame and smallest Muskeg series bag is coming in damn close to spec of 5 pounds and 1.6 ounces. I’m going to verify my scale is dead on tomorrow but a 5 pound weight shows it 3 ounces over. Here’s the pics.

b13662350df1fd8d7501112ee61b1fcc.jpg
8b18c708536b96d30e7658f610f4c264.jpg

Last edited:

Rican0624

Lil-Rokslider
So I got my frame in and attached my old nomad, guide lid and grab it. Loaded it up with 45lbs, got it adjusted and walked a half mile flat to make sure it fit well. Then loaded it up to 86lbs and did a 30min climb to see how it felt with some weight. First impressions are great. For reference I have tried heavy loads in the 24” and 26” duplex hunter frames and the Stone Glacier xcurve. New frame is noticeably stiffer and I’ll need to do some longer training, but haven’t noticed any lumbar pressure point pain that I sometimes got with the old hunter frame.

Attachments

• 04DB3F8C-E265-44D9-BAC8-28F0E7116293.jpg
    04DB3F8C-E265-44D9-BAC8-28F0E7116293.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 187
  • B428B66C-EF95-445C-899D-2A291CB2654F.jpg
    B428B66C-EF95-445C-899D-2A291CB2654F.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 175
  • D89E75A8-3CF0-4FC9-BA11-30DBDAA94C30.jpg
    D89E75A8-3CF0-4FC9-BA11-30DBDAA94C30.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 199
  • F7E98E1D-FA87-4498-B573-5FEEB3AAABCA.jpg
    F7E98E1D-FA87-4498-B573-5FEEB3AAABCA.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 182
Well, I did it. Ordered a lite version just a few minutes ago. Needed it like I need a hole in my head. But, now I’m all excited and anxious. The wait begins.

Tag_Soup

WKR
Just a quick update on my experience with the new 26" Lite frame so far...

I haven't been able to put a ton of weight in it due to a recent knee surgery having me limited, but I have had up to 30 lbs in the reckoning on it and man is this thing comfortable! The biggest positive I have noticed with it over several training hikes is it is extremely well vented. I don't notice my back sweating much at all. The frame is very stiff, but doesn't seem to transfer any load into my back outside a comfortable pressure on the lumbar pad (which is awesome). I will continue to increase weight and distance as my knee recovers, but I am very confident that this is the nicest pack/frame I have ever tried.

Also, if you are a broad shouldered guy, this pack seems to fit really nicely and doesn't have any problem conforming to my shape. The long shoulder straps and new attachment system rock. You have total freedom to move your head and can look up a really steep angle without any obstruction. Well done Kifaru! Really looking forward to getting this pack out on a 5+ day hunt.