Insight on new kifaru frame?

That was really my whole reason for buying the new frame. For the ventilation it provides. I really can’t see it being more comfortable then my hunter with the aluminum stays. If it is then I’ll have learned something. But, the air to the back is a great plus for me. God Bless men

Tag_Soup

WKR
Just a quick update on my experience with the new 26" Lite frame so far...

I haven't been able to put a ton of weight in it due to a recent knee surgery having me limited, but I have had up to 30 lbs in the reckoning on it and man is this thing comfortable! The biggest positive I have noticed with it over several training hikes is it is extremely well vented. I don't notice my back sweating much at all. The frame is very stiff, but doesn't seem to transfer any load into my back outside a comfortable pressure on the lumbar pad (which is awesome). I will continue to increase weight and distance as my knee recovers, but I am very confident that this is the nicest pack/frame I have ever tried.

Also, if you are a broad shouldered guy, this pack seems to fit really nicely and doesn't have any problem conforming to my shape. The long shoulder straps and new attachment system rock. You have total freedom to move your head and can look up a really steep angle without any obstruction. Well done Kifaru! Really looking forward to getting this pack out on a 5+ day hunt.

8130c606a942d27110118287f743acb4.jpg

Went for a hike with my daughter last night...72lb pack for 2 miles flat ground. Felt great even though I have the shoulder straps are set one notch too high (put the belt a bit too low on my hips. Give my knee another week or so and I’ll start doing some elevation with weight. All in all I couldn’t think of a single thing I wish they would have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldhorse

WKR
Tag_Soup, thanks for the pics and info. Sounds like another fine addition to the Kifaru line. I never dreamed it would take so long for the 24 inch frames to ship! I ordered one on March 20 intending to use it on a six day pack trip in central AZ . I start the trip on May 13th, so it looks like I will be running my Tac Duplex .

bigbulls

Lil-Rokslider
If I would have known that the 26" were going to be built and shipped before they started the 24" I would have just ordered the 26". (March 19th) The wait continues. I know it will be worth the wait.

matman

Lil-Rokslider
My 24” Lite Ranger Green frame just shipped out today. Ordered on 3/19

wb8o5

FNG
My 24” Lite Ranger Green frame just shipped out today. Ordered on 3/19

That’s good news. I ordered the same thing on the 19th as well. Got me all excited lol

WHAT! I better be getting a shipping notification! 24" ordered 3/19.... :)

I don't know how they categorize order fillings during pre orders but, I'm saying that they pick a color or a size and fill those before moving on. I doubt date of pre order has much bearing on when the orders get filled. I don't know that for sure. I'm just guessing that is the only way orders could be filled with any efficiency and, with few errors. Basically Due to a work area only having so much space and organization possible. I doubt that is the way it operates under normal circumstances.

I could totally be wrong and, am in no way speaking for Kifaru. Only stating what makes sense

brocksw

WKR
This thread is tooo funny! :cool:
Haha... Snyder says new bags and frames ship time will be roughly 8 weeks. He actually starts shipping a week or so earlier and people still complain.

Great job Snyder, Keep it up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

oldhorse

WKR
I received my 24 inch Lite frame yesterday afternoon. Attached my Mountain Warrior and loaded up my gear for a six day/five night trip(approx 55 Lbs). Went on a 4.5 mile hike on one of my favorite local training routes. So far, so Good! Carries nice, belt is the same as other Kifaru frames. In one of the videos for these frames Aron mentioned the improved ventilation. I have to admit, I was skeptical; every pack I have ever used made my back sweat. I was pleasantly surprised this time. My back was still sweaty, but definitely cooler than my Tactical frame.
So, the true test starts tomorrow. 51 miles on the Highline Trail across the base of the Mogollon Rim in central AZ.

Loco4dux

WKR
Ya I’m just playin. It’ll get here when it gets here not much you can do about it! Glad to hear people are digging it.

slim9300

WKR
Just a quick update. So far this new frame has been superior to anything Kifaru has released (Lite and UL) And I own them all. The comfort from 20 to 60 pounds is unmatched and there really is no difference between the two options so far. Soon I will get them loaded up with over 100 pounds and we will see how they do. I have high hopes.

Headed to North Idaho for a few days next weekend with the woman. We will see how that goes.

83643ffa0dc41d300f2090ccf17b4517.jpg
5a07a06042c6972da7246f71499159e4.jpg