Insight on new kifaru frame?

Well, I had a busy day with the wife having some doctors appointments that I needed to attend. I got home about 4:30 and there on the porch set the most beautiful box.

I got the wife in and resting comfortably and, tore into it like a kid at Christmas.

First impressions was WOW. It is so light, pretty, etc... I can't help it. I love awesome gear.

Well, The shoulder straps come in about perfect so, I put the bag pods made me on it and dropped a bag of sand in there. Total pack weight was 63 pounds according to the floor scale. I went for a 1.3 mile terrain difficult, hike. When I walked by my groggy wife on the way out, she commented the pack looked like it fit like a glove. It sure felt that way too. My dog and I hit it hard and fast. I sweated, I hurt, My legs and hips burned, I sucked air. My dog was even walking slow on the way back up. But this thing is 'DA BOMB! Seriously, it carries like a dream. Like a dream fellas.

It is rigid vertically. Much more so then the Hunter Aluminum stayed frame I already have. However, it moves with you so well. No problems shooting a bow, tying a boot, etc.... with this thing on. I was covered in sweat as it is humid and hot here. Plus the 1.3 mile hike had a 800 foot elevation loss and gain. However, it was obvious how much cooler this thing is versus the Hunter Frame. It simply carries so well. The belt NEVER moved either.

One last comment. Whoever extended those side tabs to accept the K-clips easier, deserves a Kiss. K clips are EASY to hook up or remove. MAJOR improvement over the older frames. I like this thing fellas and, I'm glad I purchased it.

Lawnboi

WKR
I wonder if they will update the current hunter frame with some of their changes that they made to the new frames.

I can't get myself to bite yet considering the hunter frame has been the best and most comfortable yet.

marktole

WKR
I wonder if they will update the current hunter frame with some of their changes that they made to the new frames.

I can't get myself to bite yet considering the hunter frame has been the best and most comfortable yet.

I am pretty sure that Kifaru is planning on discontinuing the Hunter Duplex frame, but keeping the tactical duplex.

I had a hunter duplex before I got my new 24" lite frame, and I agree with what some others have said, its definitely an improvement. More rigid for sure, and I think it fits me better with less padding like the hunter duplex had.

I am pretty sure that Kifaru is planning on discontinuing the Hunter Duplex frame, but keeping the tactical duplex.

I had a hunter duplex before I got my new 24" lite frame, and I agree with what some others have said, its definitely an improvement. More rigid for sure, and I think it fits me better with less padding like the hunter duplex had.

Bingo on the fit and description.

snowplow

WKR
Just got my 24" and love it. I remember someone asking anout a meat shelf upper attachment solution but cant find it. Anybody know how to deal with this?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

marktole

WKR
Exo bags should fit these new frames like they did one the duplex frames right?

I had rigged my old hunter duplex up with an Exo 2000 at one point and after checking over the new frame, I don't see why they wouldn't match up the same.

work765

WKR
Any of you guys know If the one delta strap that comes off the belt should go to the frame
It self or should I run it to the bag? Or both?

See pic

b37a73795e78d8c68a2ba04cc0e0ffd0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92xj

WKR
I run mine to the bag to hold the bottom of the bag tight and secure to the frame.

FireFixer

FNG
I had rigged my old hunter duplex up with an Exo 2000 at one point and after checking over the new frame, I don't see why they wouldn't match up the same.

I know they fit the old duplex frames nicely but I'm wondering if it's just as easy on the new frames or if things changed.

I got my lite frame with cavern and love the setup, but haven't loaded it up yet. For those that have loaded the new frame up did you have any barreling when cinching down the side straps? The frame seems very strong vertically.

Got the email mine has shipped, should see it in a couple days. Cant wait. I am putting my Tahr on this set up, and switching my AMR to the duplex. I will compare these in depth and report if necessary. I suspect it will be exactly what the Tahr has always wanted to hang with.

slim9300

WKR
I got my lite frame with cavern and love the setup, but haven't loaded it up yet. For those that have loaded the new frame up did you have any barreling when cinching down the side straps? The frame seems very strong vertically.

Not one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
Can anybody report on whether the new frames move with you better than the old frames? Sounds like they are plenty stiff vertically and horizontally, but do they twist laterally to move with you? I had an Exo and liked how it moved with me but the frame was a bit short for me so I moved to the Kifaru hunter frame. No question I prefer the Kifaru belt and the hunter frame carries heavy loads very well but in day pack mode it's a bit stiff. I'm sure part of the reason the Kifaru carries heavy loads so we'll is because it's so stiff but I think I'd prefer a hybrid of the Kifaru and Exo for lateral rigidity. I'm wondering if the new frames will bridge that gap for me. Can anyone post a video of them twisting the frame for reference?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If the hunter frame doesn’t move enough with you to please you, then don’t buy the lite or ultra light hoping they do.its not that they don’t. I just don’t think they do so more then the hunter frame.

I don't know what to tell you other then Flexing the frame sheet where the loops attach versus barreling the frame around the load is two different things. A lot depends on what shape and density of load you are packing too. I'm sure if you intend to make the frame barrel around your load, that could be accomplished. I could also break an anvil with a hammer if I try hard enough. Load it right and it won't be an issue. But, it ain't a board. It does have the ability to move with you. So throwing something of odd shape in the shelf and, cranking down on the side compression straps like a gorilla, will likely result in barreling

Last edited:

marktole

WKR
I know they fit the old duplex frames nicely but I'm wondering if it's just as easy on the new frames or if things changed.

FireFixer, as far as I can tell nothing has changed that would affect the way the Exo bag would attach. Hope that helps!

I don't know what to tell you other then Flexing the frame sheet where the loops attach versus barreling the frame around the load is two different things. A lot depends on what shape and density of load you are packing too. I'm sure if you intend to make the frame barrel around your load, that could be accomplished. I could also break an anvil with a hammer if I try hard enough. Load it right and it won't be an issue. But, it ain't a board. It does have the ability to move with you. So throwing something of odd shape in the shelf and, cranking down on the side compression straps like a gorilla, will likely result in barreling

I wasn't asking for you to tell me anything, I was just stating my findings. My original question was about barreling and I agree the frame does not barrel; however, during my brief testing i did notice some flex/rotation on the frame where the tab loops are. No big deal, just pointing out something since it is my first Kifaru and I do not have the old frame to compare it to.

Carry on!