Carry on/under seat bag

ChrisA

WKR
I'm in the market for a carry on bag for a trip to Maui. My wife has a Samonite Underseater that works great for a carry on and weekend trips but I'd like something that I might be able to use in the field also. Any suggestions?

I should mention that I have an exo 3500 if that matters.

Thanks,

Chris

Timbuk2 Bags: Backpacks, Messenger Bags, Custom Bags

This company creates custom messenger bags. I have one and it is THE bag I always carry on the plane. It stays at my feet and carries anything I need during the flight. I typically gate-check my rolling carry-on and that way I have nothing to worry with in the overhead compartments. The messenger bag slings across my body while walking the airport and keeps my hands free at all times. It's definitely the best thing on a plane next to Biscotti. ha!

Maxpedition Kodiak Gearslinger - or one of their smaller gearslingers....Just picked up the Kodiak cause they were on sale and am currently using it as a work/commute bag. Plan on using it as my carry-on bag for trips. It will definitely hold a few days of clothes and essentials if you are just going away for a quick weekend and only want to take 1 bag. It is designed to easily swing to your front and the zippers are oriented so you can access them that way instead of having to take the bag off. Maxpedition makes real solid gear; its a little on the heavy side since it's overbuilt, but it will last years.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use the Kifaru Antero for my every day carry and flight bag. It's the perfect size for that and holds quite a bit.