Gun bearer for Stone Glacier?

4ester

WKR
Anyone only run the top portion of the gunbearer with the existing SG Weapon sling? Was thinking that you could use either position based on the type of hunting and circumstance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sako75

FNG
I run the Stone Glacier rifle sling with the top portion of the gun bearer from Kifaru. This system works very well. I run it in the bottom of SG and top of Kifaru when in the trees because i think it is faster to get gun up and ready to shoot(lots of bears where i hunt). When i get above tree line i move over to the SG top and get the gun barrel out of my face and still somewhat quick to get gun up for a shot.

6.5Express

Lil-Rokslider
I run the stone glacier one and started late this season just taking the top strap and running it around the webbing on my first generation krux shoulder strap carried like the kifaru...no issues yet and seems handier this way. When strapped on the way it's supposed to be (maybe I had it set up wrong??) The top strap pulled the rifle barrel around on the wrong side of my frame. I ran it that way for several years but, so far, like it much better run through the shoulder strap webbing.

rm06

WKR
I have used both and prefer the SG but be sure to practice with it, my shoulder joints aren't awesome which makes the SG a little more difficult to use. The Kifaru does make better sense but I just have trouble with the barrel in my face all the time. I do like the idea of running the standard SG setup with the Kifaru front clip on the shoulder strap for some versatility - I think I will do that.

I have not been able to figure out a way to put the rifle back in the SG without taking my pack off. It would be sweet to just transfer it over to the shoulder strap, especially if on the move.

I have the Gun Bearer and love it. I bought the universal because I was using a badlands pack when I bought it. Now I have a Kifaru and the universal still works fine. Last year was my first year using it and I guess I just got lucky. I did not have any issue with the rifle wanting to flip over. I use a Kimber Mountain Ascent and it worked great. The barrel did not seem to be in my face. Its the best system I have found. I had another one they year before similar to the Mystery Ranch one and it worked good too.

Pretty sure you can attach the Kifaru to just about any pack. It works well on an EXO.

Just bought an exo and would love to set it up with a fun bearer from kifaru. Any pictures or information on which one or how your running it would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Just bought an exo and would love to set it up with a fun bearer from kifaru. Any pictures or information on which one or how your running it would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Just get the universal. There is a Velcro loop that will go around the 2" strap down the center of your belt and then the upper has a Velcro strap that will go around the entire shoulder strap.

ctsmith

Lil-Rokslider
I've used the Kifaru Gun Bearer quite a bit and never once had a problem with the rifle flipping, didn't even know it was an issue until reading this thread. FWIW I've used it with an 8 lb sporter rig and and 12 lb long range rig, never an issue with either.

What I love about the Gun Bearer is that it so easy to remove and replace the rifle with the pack on. I do a lot of glassing and relocating. It is so much easier and quicker to load up for a move when you don't have to worry about strapping your rifle to the pack each time.

For those that run the Gun Bearer, how do you keep the rifle from flipping upside down since the weight of the scope and shape of the stock make it top heavy?

I have been running a Kifaru Universal Gun Bearer on a Stone Glacier pack for years, and I have never had a problem. I think what you actually mean is the rifle will twist around in the cup, i.e., spins up to 180 degrees. Yeah mine does that, and as AKTrourburn stated, just give it a twist and it stays put. Honestly I like it doing that, as I will purposely give it a twist so I can rest my forearm on my scope at times.

hooker

Lil-Rokslider
I have an original sky 7400 Stone Glacier pack and am looking for a forward carry gun sling/bearer. Can you attach the SG sling to forward carry? Does the kifaru gun bearer attach to the original SG belt? Are there any other options out there?

Yes, and why your at it sling rifle scope down. Gets rifle outta face. Bolt handle WILL NOT bother you. I'd still rather put a Kifaru Gunbearer on pack tho. Also leave enough slack in top loop so when you fall on your asss and gunstock hits ground upper strap wont break. Trust me enough slack in upper loop on Gunbearer and you won't have failures. BTDT

OP
TXCO

TXCO

WKR
Yes, and why your at it sling rifle scope down. Gets rifle outta face. Bolt handle WILL NOT bother you. I'd still rather put a Kifaru Gunbearer on pack tho. Also leave enough slack in top loop so when you fall on your asss and gunstock hits ground upper strap wont break. Trust me enough slack in upper loop on Gunbearer and you won't have failures. BTDT

I ended up buying the SG sling and the top piece of the kifaru so I can play with multiple configurations. I agree on the scope down to help keep the balance/flopping to a minimum.