14'r with Grab It

ctsmith

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody run the 14'r with a Grab It? Would love to see pics. I currently have the Tahr as an archery day pack and use the Grab It to secure the bow. Works awesome, I do not want to give up the ability to properly use the Grab It. I'm considering the 14'r for flexibility as I will not haul meat in this pack. I watched the video on Kifaru's website and Aaron mentioned a loop on the pack could be used to fasten the Grab It. Looks a little low to me.

Here's a very poor pic of the Tahr with bow secured. I'd like to set up the 14'r the same.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

File%20Jan%2022%205%2038%2040%20PM_zpsm112t38e.jpeg

OP
C

ctsmith

Lil-Rokslider
Lawnboi, Is the 14'r worth the "upgrade" for day pack only?

sveltri

WKR
The 14’r has a grab handle below the zipper that accepts a cam, then you could just use the comp straps to secure the riser.

Lawnboi

WKR
Lawnboi, Is the 14'r worth the "upgrade" for day pack only?

I like it. I use it for hunting when meat hauling isn't in the equasion, which is normally here in wi, though I wouldn't hesitate to strap some meat to it with a grab it.

It's flexible, carrys great, and has a great layout, I use it for a lot more than just hunting.

So I guess I'd say maybe. If your not carrying meat I honestly don't see the point of the frame. If you want a flexible, out of the way pack, that almost acts as an extension of your body, I'd say look at the 14r, just realize you won't be hauling 100lbs of meat and equipment.

I have no regrets getting the pack, just had it out the last two days fishing.

Davebuech

WKR
Yep> This is what i do. Works great. Holds my rifle too.
The 14’r has a grab handle below the zipper that accepts a cam, then you could just use the comp straps to secure the riser.

The Grab it covers the bottom access to the zipper and IMO kinda defeats the purpose of the center opening. Strapping a bow or gun on restricts access a bit as well, just depends on how you want to run em.

You could definitely run it with a grab it. I’ll try to get a pic of mine rigged like that tomorrow. I think the 14’r is plenty capable of hauling meat. I hauled a 50# bag of corn with mine the other day and it was no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am heading to AZ tomorrow for work and 4 days of archery mule deer

Ill be taking my tahr
Its my favorite pack for deer hunting
I've used so long now, I don't notice it even on my back, or should I say it doesn't bother me one bit

I love the tahr for day mode or hunting deer

here is the pic of my setup I don't put the bow in there unless I'm coming out already tagged out

I also have the grab it attached all the way underneath and then you'll see my guide lid with a medium pouch over the top of it
6415f16de51d6c92b20d9f65b0606e83.jpg
eda3406a88a7c757032c2930a2a79d8c.jpg
dce2049525b44973979518a4ded16b9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
C

ctsmith

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. Keep it coming. My bow rides on the pack when traveling in the dark, to and fro.