New Sitka pack. Are they legit contenders?

Saw the live feed at the shot show today show the new Sitka packs. Apparently they’re rated up to 150lbs of meat/gear. Look a lot like the kuiu icon pro except they have a center zip. Anyone going to give that a try?

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's on Instagram.. :) #MountainHauler
Only complaint I have is that it does not utilize an external load shelf system.

Last edited:

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Looks like a Kuiu Icon? How? It’s got a solid aluminum frame with fiberglass connections for the hip belt. Kuiu is all carbon. I’m going to check it out along with the Stone Glacier at one of the shows shortly. I’ve got a lot of Sitka I am incredibly happy with, and the pack has always been their weak point so I am looking forward to that changing.

Trial153

WKR
Wonder who built it for them? I want to take a look at it. The build quality on Sitka packs I have owned has been excellent. However the functionality hasn’t been a home run for me. I am very interested in the specs on this pack and taking a look at it.

They finally realized a one size fits all torso doesn’t work. Make sure to ask if they changed their buckle supplier from earlier designs. I have multiple friends that carry a bag of extra buckles with them because they break almost one a trip. The newer packs don’t seem to have this issue as much but 3-4 years ago they broke a ton.

Looking forward to finding out more details on the frame and how the adjustment system works

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's on Instagram.. :) #MountainHauler
Only complaint I have is that it does not utilize a load shelf system.

From my understanding it does have a load shelf system but it's internal instead of external. Like the kuiu load shelf thing inside I'm assuming... if kuiu still does that.

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
Had the opportunity to play around with the Mountain Hauler 6200. It's a very solid pack and I have no doubts that it will live up to the 150 lb load rating. It has a lot of really nice features not found on other packs. With 60 lbs in it it was very stable and comfortable. This definitely changes the game for Sitka and their pack line. Yoke adjustment is very unique and easy to use but still extremely strong. I'm going to leave it at that until Sitka officially launches the product.

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing exact but it will be comparable price wise to the equivalent size MR and SG from what I've seen.

OP
G
I’m sure RS will have someone test it and write a review on it. I figure if kuiu can make a pack then Sitka can too.