Matching camo

Ucsdryder

WKR
I don’t get the whole matching camo thing. Whether it’s clothes or packs, why does it matter? I have 4 color patterns on my kifaru frame and bag. I figure a few more colors and I’ll really break up the outline! I guess that’s what happens when you spend too much time in the classifieds! Anybody beat 4 colors?

BCsteve

WKR
I agree, head to toes in the same pattern looks silly to me and makes you look like a blob. Last season I was wearing Sitka pants, a Kuiu jacket, multicam pack and realtree hat and gloves!

Trial153

WKR
Camo doesn’t do much of anything anyway. At least if it matches it looks good to me.

I would the same pattern if I could but I also have a mix match of all kinds of stuff. I can’t afford to buy a matching new line of clothes. But I would like to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man your Instagram/Facebook game is weak. You have to be matching head to toe to get the maximum likes on your posts. I mean, how can you look like a professional bad ass hunter if you don't match? You just look like a hobo wandering around the mountain.

I'm just jealous you beat me. I only have 3 colors on my pack.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Between my ball cap, face paint, shirt, pants, belt, gloves, bow, pack, and bugle tube........I might have 9 different patterns going. I've never really noticed.......or cared. Throw my rain jacket in the mix and maybe a fleece jacket and it might be 11 different patterns.

I wear matching tops and solid pants.
I know this doesn't get me much street cred on here with the guys who are too cool to care about camo but a well put together kit makes me feel more organized and confident.

pack is a black frame, coyote main bag, and multicam accessories.

my clothing is all over the place. predator, asat, realtree, optifade, multicam. i upgrade a couple of pieces every year and buy the best performing thing i can afford. means i can't always be picky on the pattern.

boom

WKR
nothing matches on me. my pack i prefer solids.

last time i dropped my badlands 2800 to stalk a mulie in AZ..i damn near almost lost it (with truck keys inside + wallet). now; solids, and i turn on a flashy red light thing.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had quite the configuration going on my reckoning this spring. Ranger green, coyote brown, kryptek typhon and wolf gray. It was pointed out to me a few times, haha.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Boom that’s a hell of an idea. I’m not one to drop my pack but I like the idea of attaching a strobe and turning it on as you leave. Worst case scenario you could find it from a mile away in the dark.

After almost losing my backpack on my first ever solo hunt (searching at twilight), I always gps the location if I drop my pack. You never know what can happen after you drop your pack. If rifle hunting, I leave whatever I'm not wearing on my head (blaze orange beanie or hat) on top of my pack so it is easy to see.

boom

WKR
Boom that’s a hell of an idea. I’m not one to drop my pack but I like the idea of attaching a strobe and turning it on as you leave. Worst case scenario you could find it from a mile away in the dark.

thanks!!

we also turn them on when we are doing long hikes in the dark. it helps us kinda keep an eye on each other. i'm a red light, and my brother uses a blue light.

ours my sister gave us several Christmas's ago. they are from a company called RoadID. they make titanium ID bracelets you wear so they can ID the dead body in the wilderness (i think)..anyways. they made a great light. it was a dome, you twisted to turn on..no accidental "ons".

I attempt to match my tops and bottoms but that's about it. I also buy all my gear used though so I only spend a fraction of what it would be new.

tater

WKR
It's really funny this has come up now.
Two nights ago i was in my cave and my wife came in and looked at my pack and said "Aww...none of your stuff is 'matchy-matchy'. Your li'l boo-bears are gonna make fun of you...". Yes, she thinks she is funny.

Black frame, highlander straps, ranger belt, OD pack, highlander pouches.
Most clothes are solids with the odd piece of whatever camo may have been on the best piece i could afford.

There isn't a piece of camo gear or clothing that is going to fix my kind of ugly.

Rthur

Lil-Rokslider
All the cool kids are doin' it.
Just check the commercials.
This statement comes to mind.
"Elk don't know how may legs a horse has"

R

I guess im crazy but I like it to all match. My pack would if Kifaru made the Woodsman in open country, but since they dont the Woodsman and all the pockets are ranger green.