Ordered my first Kifaru this morning

Luked

WKR
Ordered a Tactical Frame and Woodsman and water bottle pocket. All in Ranger Green.
this will be my first Kifaru and I cant wait to get it.
was going to order the Hunter Frame but after talking to Aron he suggested a Tactical frame just do to it being a bit heavier built for hauling loads better.
will get some pockets for it soon also to be able to expand it.

Living in the Midwest ill be using this for Whitetail season this year and have found some small wilderness areas that I plan to backpack in and camp over some weekends so will be carrying a tree stand in and other gear.
cant wait to get this thing

Man you're gonna love it! I just got my first Kifaru a couple months ago and I LOVE how it feels with a heavy load! I had a KUIU Icon Pro and like the Kifaru 1000X better.

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
I have the Kifaru Woodsman with the tactical frame and love it.

have you added any pockets to it.
would like to see someone that has some pockets on theirs to see what I would like to do to mine down the road

wesfromky

WKR
I have a woodsman on a hunting frame, and I run a large pouch on the top and a med pouch on each side. Seems to work well for me. I also bought a roll up pod, but haven't needed the extra space yet. Great pack, I really like mine.

have you added any pockets to it.
would like to see someone that has some pockets on theirs to see what I would like to do to mine down the road

I will take pics when I get home. I have never posted pics on here. Mine is ranger green. I have a small pocket on the lid, 1 medium pocket on each side, 1 small pocket on the belt and a tombstone on the belt.

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
planning on putting a lid on it and some pockets before season gets here just not sure what size pockets I want to put on it yet was why I was asking.
im pretty pumped to get it Jordan that is for sure. been wanting to get one for a while and finally managed to get it done.

I have the timberline 2 and have added two med belt pouches to the side. My rain gear (Kuiu Chugach) fits in them for easy access. I also have the old guide lid. It is easy access to my possibles pouch, beanie, gloves, sat texter, and things like that.

sveltri

WKR
Its kinda hard to see everything in this pic as I just tried to crop the pack, but the layout is as follows:

FutQJmH.jpg

Large side pocket on the snow collar, could/will be replaced by a guide lid when necessary
I only have on medium side pocket in this pic just to hold the poles, a second one will be added
on the belt is a Nalgene pocket, small pocket (cant remember what their called), and a small side pocket on the right side of the belt. I'm thinking about picking up a couple spotting scope pockets for additional capacity.

Its kinda hard to see everything in this pic as I just tried to crop the pack, but the layout is as follows:

FutQJmH.jpg

Large side pocket on the snow collar, could/will be replaced by a guide lid when necessary
I only have on medium side pocket in this pic just to hold the poles, a second one will be added
on the belt is a Nalgene pocket, small pocket (cant remember what their called), and a small side pocket on the right side of the belt. I'm thinking about picking up a couple spotting scope pockets for additional capacity.

That large pocket on the snow collar looks huge. I only have small and medium pockets. I think that is the first I have seen a large pocket on a pack. Will the guide lid hold much more than the large pocket?

sveltri

WKR
That large pocket on the snow collar looks huge. I only have small and medium pockets. I think that is the first I have seen a large pocket on a pack. Will the guide lid hold much more than the large pocket?

I'm not sure on the actual cubic inch difference between the two, but I'm pretty sure the guide lid has more capacity.

EDIT: the guide lid is 1200ci, the large belt pouch is only 287ci.

The Guide Lid does have straps and buckles so that you can just carry that as your "pack". I've put in on and decided that wasn't for me. Wasn't the most comfortable. It does add lots of room!

The Guide Lid does have straps and buckles so that you can just carry that as your "pack". I've put in on and decided that wasn't for me. Wasn't the most comfortable. It does add lots of room!

I really just use mine as a day pack so that is more than I will need, but it is a good option to get a lot more room out of the smaller pack.

colersu22

WKR
https://i.imgur.com/SF5ojFy.jpg

Can’t really see it but I have a 24” tactical frame with a woodsman, a medium belt pouch on the snow collar, Native , medium pouch on the Native. Also didn’t have it in the picture but have a medium belt pouch on the left side of the belt, gps pouch and Nalgene bottle holder on the right side. I also have a roll top pod if I need the extra room that goes on the bottom of the bag/frame.

frankrb3

WKR
I just got a 22" tactical frame with the 22 mag pack. Mine are both in ranger green as well. That color is awesome.