Kifaru Urban Zippy as whitetail daypack

Diesel

WKR
Anybody use it as a treestand and stalking daypack for eastern whitetail. It seems to be doable with the omni frame. Anyone have one, pros, cons?

ethan

WKR
Not the urban zippy specifically, but I’m sure it would work great. I think Kifaru is looking into making a white tail specific pack.

brownbear

FNG
My buddy purchased a zippy a few years ago. It would make an excellent whitetail pack- IF you get the omni frame. It can be a little floppy without. I would also suggest you add an org pocket on the front too. Nice setup.

the urban zippy would make a fine pack for what you're talking about. it's not too deep which is nice in the treestand because you're don't have go elbows deep trying to dig something out of the bottom. it's got a lot of organization. i used one for turkey hunting and summer fishing trips with my son last year. you're going to run out of room if you need to carry extra layers but you can always roll them up and strap them on the bottom.

i've been using a spike camp the last few years but just picked up an antero to try out. the spike camp will fit everything i need but it's not the best up in the tree when you're trying to dig to the bottom. the side pockets, panel loading, and front pouch on the antero will hopefully let me keep a few things more ready at the hand. i may run out of room in the pack during late season but i can probably throw my layers in a grab-it or just strap them on.

OP
D

Diesel

WKR
My buddy purchased a zippy a few years ago. It would make an excellent whitetail pack- IF you get the omni frame. It can be a little floppy without. I would also suggest you add an org pocket on the front too. Nice setup.

That's exactly what I am considering doing. I was thinking about a small pod for the bottom and a #11 lock and load for the front. Do you see any issues there?

OP
D

Diesel

WKR
Preview of the new day/EDC pack/ on the kafarucast IG:

Instagram

Wesfromky, That link you posted, is it a pic of the Urban Ruck? I will wait till this new pack comes out and decide between the Zippy and Ruck. Leaning Zippy as of now.

I did the "Lighter Pack" spreadsheet for all the different seasons here in Pa. that I hunt (basically all of them) and the heaviest my pack would get is 7lbs. However I sometimes pack in for an overnighter just to hunt some new areas a little deeper in and would add as much as 10 more pounds.

Thanks for the link

And thanks to all who posted. Any other thoughts on the topic would be appreciated.

Mslvdc

FNG
I have used one here in Missouri for the last two seasons and it’s awesome. Plenty of space and has great internal organization. I use a piece of 550 cord and an S-biner to hang it from the tree once I’m sitting. I think you’d really like it