Exo vs. Kifaru normal guy shootout

daf1a355fdbda96cc0a96b1b5192a781.jpg

Got some late afternoon glassing in. Very comfortable fit. Love the side pockets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That pack fits you like a glove man. Gonna be hard to beat that.

Just for my info how tall are you ? I am asking because I am 6'5" and wondering if an inch of frame from the 25" EXO to a 26" Kifaru or SG for that matter will make that much difference ? Not trying to hi-jack the thread but thought others might want to know as well for comparison, thanks for posting this should be pretty interesting !

OP
C

chops24

WKR
I’m only 5’8” so that’s why I think the frame feels pretty tall on me compared to the 24” Kifaru

work765

WKR
I’m 5’8 and had the duplex in 24. Super comfy frame, and fit me great, but too damn heavy to not be hauling out meat all the time.
I’m hoping their soon to be released frame will be lighter, and I might get that or jump to stone glaciers new light frame.

ill throw in my 2 cents.
of the 2 i liked the kifaru belt better. with the single strap on the exo belt i felt the weight on the belt wasnt distributed as well as on the kifaru with the double pals webbing straps. i could defeinitely feel this with heavier loads.
i prefer the exo bags. kifaru bags are heavier and dont feel as functional. feels like if you want to get organized you have to buy more belt pockets, which really adds up.
kifaru frame feels more stout and adjustable and more customizeable with the different size frame options and stay options
both are made in the usa and have excellent customer service

Last edited:
Ok I’ve only read the first part. You stared by saying your a normal guy but then go on to mention something about a helicopter recovery and a sheep hunt. Come on man! Lol. That ain’t normal hahah

Yeah. Side pockets on the EXO look pretty useful. The side pockets I first used on the EMR 2 and currently using on the 22 mag and fulcrum have become a prerequisite feature a pack must have for me to consider it. Very useful feature.

Last edited:
I’m 5’8 and had the duplex in 24. Super comfy frame, and fit me great, but too damn heavy to not be hauling out meat all the time.
I’m hoping their soon to be released frame will be lighter, and I might get that or jump to stone glaciers new light frame.

I just got the new stone glacier and threw 40lbs in it for about 5-6 miles and honestly I’m very impressed by it. It’s comfortable and rides very well. Very strong too no flex in it

btg108

FNG
I’m seeing a few people say that they like the Exo bag and Kifaru frame- can you put an Exo bag on a Kifaru frame to get the best of both worlds?

colersu22

WKR
I’m seeing a few people say that they like the Exo bag and Kifaru frame- can you put an Exo bag on a Kifaru frame to get the best of both worlds?

Yes it is a very easy conversion, just need to cut the female buckles off the bag with side cutters and replace with slotted female buckles from Kifaru or Milspec Monkey and have a K clip compression kit from Kifaru and the sleeve on the EXO fits over the Kifaru frame perfect. Took about 5 min to get the EXO bag on the Kifaru frame.

btg108

FNG
Yes it is a very easy conversion, just need to cut the female buckles off the bag with side cutters and replace with slotted female buckles from Kifaru or Milspec Monkey and have a K clip compression kit from Kifaru and the sleeve on the EXO fits over the Kifaru frame perfect. Took about 5 min to get the EXO bag on the Kifaru frame.

Awesome- thanks!

OP
C

chops24

WKR
Ok I’ve only read the first part. You stared by saying your a normal guy but then go on to mention something about a helicopter recovery and a sheep hunt. Come on man! Lol. That ain’t normal hahah

Just a matter of joining the military! This Barbary sheep hunt can be done for the price of one of these bags for a non resident

Awesome. Thanks for your sevice and good luck on your sheep hunt!

OP
C

chops24

WKR
The decision has been made I really like this bag over my AMR, I understand I can probably use a couple different bags to find something similar that I like as much. I’ve used to high camp and AMR and I like this bAG a lot better. The jury is still out on the frame I do like it though. We’ve only seen elk and deer no sheep yet but I’m moving to a different spot. My buddy just left so hopefully I’ll be carrying a barb out on an exo frame solo tonight!

OP
C

chops24

WKR
I think a good apples to apples comparison will have to happen when I get home. I will take the bags off of both frames and do different weights in training for my upcoming marathon. I have triple digit miles on my Kifaru so I’m gonna need to get some experience with the Exo before I can make an educated decision on the frame of the EXO