Mystery ranch metcalf vs exo 3500 which one is better

Brett8133

Lil-Rokslider
Camp fire has some great deals on mystery ranch packs today was set on getting a exo pack but after watching some videos on mystery ranch I’m up in the air . I’ve never owned either currently using eberlestock RMEF pack . Need help also looking at the Marshall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Don’t know the exo. I have a terraplane which is like the marshal. I just bought the Metcalf. Metcalf is very simple. Not a lot of pockets for organization. Just a simple solid pack. The Metcalf works much better as a Day Pack. Compressed down and carri s well. The larger pack doesn’t really do as well. If you are looking for a giant hauler for 5 days or more you might need the marshal but for a shorter trip, the Metcalf might be a better option.

NDGuy

WKR
That is an AWESOME deal on MR packs. I would pull the trigger on whichever one you like between the Marshall, Pintler, and Metcalf.

I have the Metcalf and love it. I didn't get the Marshall because I do not plan on Bivy hunting ever. The Metcalf was a nice middle ground. I know of guys on here that use the Pintler frequently for day hunting and can possibly stretch out to a few days in the field. They are bulletproof.

OP
Brett8133

Brett8133

Lil-Rokslider
Metcalf is sold out in large have to go with the Marshall does any one have one does it compress down good I will use it mostly as a day back but would be nice if I decide to Bivy in

sr80

WKR
Metcalf is sold out in large have to go with the Marshall does any one have one does it compress down good I will use it mostly as a day back but would be nice if I decide to Bivy in

They can compress pretty good, you can almost compress the bottom sleeping bag compartment fully so that its not even like it there.

OP
Brett8133

Brett8133

Lil-Rokslider
So archery hunting with it as a day pack or over night would work well and it wouldn’t be to bulky ?

Check Blackovis.com they are also on sale for 25 percent off with free shipping.

OP
Brett8133

Brett8133

Lil-Rokslider
472$ with that discount code on metcalf Camo fire was 369$ but out of large

OP
Brett8133

Brett8133

Lil-Rokslider
What’s the difference in multi cam why is it so much cheaper ? Is it cheaper material ?

Wapiti1

WKR
Brett, They're discontinuing multicam as a color choice. Same material as any other color, just an old stock color choice at this point. For camo they moved to optifade and one called disolve.

Jeremy

What’s the difference in multi cam why is it so much cheaper ? Is it cheaper material ?

Not sure of differences in the material, hopefully you were able to snag a Large one! They are great packs and even better packs at that price.

Pn8hall

WKR
I have no experience with the Marshall but did own a NICE frame Metcalf for awhile. I am not sure how well the Marshall would do as a day hunting pack but that is only based on my experience with the Metcalf. The Metcalf has total cubic inches of 4,333. The lid is approx 900 CI which leaves the main bag at 3433 CI. Last year we did a 7 day rifle hunt and it was not enough space with food. My solution was I added 2 Kifaru large side pockets at 750 CI each and it worked very well. Once we made camp the side pockets were unbuckled and left at camp and the Metcalf was then ready for day hunting. It was a good compromise for size.

OP
Brett8133

Brett8133

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for are the great info guys the metcalf is order in large multi cam 354 $ what a deal thanks again guys