New Kifaru pack?

rexahayes

Lil-Rokslider
Just saw this on IG. Sorry if anyone has already brought this up, but it appears to be new.
4adc3d0cb4bdeb52e17e2d3af142efbc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pardner

FNG
Oh my, that looks good. Built in side pockets are very handy and looks like a good size. Can't wait to get more info. Thanks.

They've been teasing it for a while on Frank's page cause he's been using it as an EDC. Someone made a comment about it in the Kifaru Facebook group yesterday. Aron said that it should be out in the next month or two.

twall13

WKR
Is this the one they said will be like the Quandary? I've been holding off buying a Quandary to see what they come out with.

Not sure about this one. No compression? Only one spot for a belt pouch? Elastic in the water bottle pockets without any back-up retention? A single buckle/strap for the over the top compression?

I'm also assuming no suspension based on the 1" belt from the picture.

Not sure about this one. No compression? Only one spot for a belt pouch? Elastic in the water bottle pockets without any back-up retention? A single buckle/strap for the over the top compression?

I'm also assuming no suspension based on the 1" belt from the picture.

I'm confused as to what you want here? Why would you want any of this stuff for a little EDC bag? What are you doing with it that you would need anything more?

There is a compression strap on each side and 2 on the bottom.

twall13

WKR
I agree with COlineman. This pack isn't designed to haul weight, so I'm not sure I'd want all that stuff on an EDC bag...

kind looks like a simplified antero but with a top entry/lid. i like seeing more packs like this.

Here's some more pictures that have been teased that either Aron just posted or have been out for a month without anyone noticing.
b9efcc6362a5dea4de8120f340fd84f4.jpg
b8e540c162ac544143dd7ab0b9d06f13.jpg
54de0362efd8ec01748d053f065e7f99.jpg
8074341cca212d4dac20bba2d08d87d7.jpg
f5e2ca72db5479b56eaf50449ae11004.jpg
4c379c7d98a233301485390433b68931.jpg
939072927527ab7b5b3ba056dd83ea85.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Looks like a very basic EDC. I see no advantage to owning a Kifaru EDC over a much cheaper one that will accomplish the same thing. I own their packs for packing higher weight comfortably. I suppose lots of guys will buy it, I just can not justify it unless it is less expensive than I think.

Over the years, I've bought several hundred dollars of non framed packs for whitetail hunting. It never fails that soon enough, a zipper will break, a shoulder strap will come un-sewed, the carry handle will come loose seeing the pack fall out of the tree, etc.... They last 3-5 years then they break. Then i spend another $50 buying one doomed to fail again. I for one appreciate a lifetime purchase quality bag. Bring it on Kifaru. I don't know how much I'll use it in the future since my hunting grounds have changed but, that looks like a PERFECT carry on bag to me when I ship hunting gear and, fly in to meet it.

ScottinPA

WKR
WVMtneer - Check out the ILBE Assault pack if you haven't already. Pretty decent size with frame sheet and hydro pouch. Add a Kifaru pocket or two to the outside and I think it's just about perfect for the whitetail woods.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I'll stick with my Blacks Creek All-American pack for my treestand hunts. I've been using the same pack for about 15 years. I've had nothing break or anything needing replaced. It appears to be a better setup than the one pictured above.

I love my AMR for my Western hunts, though.

RAPTOR

WKR
I'm picky as shit when it comes to my EDC backpack. I use it for a lot of different things, and I haven't found one better than the SG Avail. It hit everything I wanted, from squirrel hunting, to treestand whitetail, to carrying it to work.

SWOHTR

WKR
WVMtneer - Check out the ILBE Assault pack if you haven't already. Pretty decent size with frame sheet and hydro pouch. Add a Kifaru pocket or two to the outside and I think it's just about perfect for the whitetail woods.

Meh. We have an ILBE daypack at our NROTC unit set up as the first aid pack. That thing has a 3” rip on the front next to the zipper. It’s probably 5 years old. It might be in better shape if Marines were not using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could it be their whitetail / treestand hunting day Pack. Looks a bit like the treehouse Pack that MR put out this year.

If I guess right, do I win a free pack? A romantic but totally platonic man-date with Aaron?

FlyGuy

WKR
Could it be their whitetail / treestand hunting day Pack. Looks a bit like the treehouse Pack that MR put out this year.

If I guess right, do I win a free pack? A romantic but totally platonic man-date with Aaron?
HaHa! That is Funny stuff.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

wesfromky

WKR

According to a FB post, this is not the treestand pack.