Kifaru Urban Ruck up for sale

Diesel

WKR
A swing and a miss in my opinion. I was interested in a treestand style pack from Kufaru that came in at the $200 price point. This pack basically forces you into buying the stupid sleeve things so add $50 right too it. Having to dig through that snow collar to get inside the bag.... not in my woods. I'm sure it's noisy as hell. Size wise it looks good. Just need some Midwestern deer hunters input on what we want and need. Not a big western pack just shrunk down.

If this is their offering for a whitetail treestand pack, a miss for sure. They gotta be bringing something else. Not sure what the value of the ruck is as there are dozens of these out there now.

TFP

FNG
There are exactly zero US made top loading packs in this volume range with big bottle pockets and a decent laptop carrying solution...
Or at least that I can find, and I’ve looked.

tttoadman

WKR
There are exactly zero US made top loading packs in this volume range with big bottle pockets and a decent laptop carrying solution...
Or at least that I can find, and I’ve looked.

I must be missing something. You have just described the Urban Zippy that I have been using as EDC for about a year now. I think this new bag is just a simplified version to cut costs, but then offer the special frame sheets for more utility. If you strip all the compression straps off the urban zippy, it is very clean. The top lid is very clean. The side pockets with zipper access to the main bag is priceless. I think that big azz buckle on the Ruck looks terrible for an EDC bag. The lid is attached to the back instead of floating, so what good is the tall collar to get more gear in. My opinion may be bias because I already have a kick azz EDC bag, so take it for what it's worth.

TFP

FNG
I must be missing something. You have just described the Urban Zippy that I have been using as EDC for about a year now. I think this new bag is just a simplified version to cut costs, but then offer the special frame sheets for more utility. If you strip all the compression straps off the urban zippy, it is very clean. The top lid is very clean. The side pockets with zipper access to the main bag is priceless. I think that big azz buckle on the Ruck looks terrible for an EDC bag. The lid is attached to the back instead of floating, so what good is the tall collar to get more gear in. My opinion may be bias because I already have a kick azz EDC bag, so take it for what it's worth.

The urban zippy is too small, and way, way too busy for me. I’m talking about a basic top loader, not something with three zippered openings into a pack that’s 20% smaller than I need it to be.

Additionally, this bag is 2/3 of the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92xj

WKR
Will 3 ring binders fit inside?
What about a pack of printer paper?

The width looks like it would hinder a lot for a daily office work type of bag.
Wanting something that will hold a few 1/2" 3 ring binders and full size notebooks and thought this bag might be the ticket, but the photos look small.

OP
C

Wanting something that will hold a few 1/2" 3 ring binders and full size notebooks and thought this bag might be the ticket, but the photos look small.

They said it will fit a 15" macbook in the organizer, so that's roughly 14"x10". According to the Avery site a 1/2" binder is 11.7x10.1. The only concern might be that you may not be able to get a Nalgene to fit in the side pocket with rigid stuff like that in the bag, but based on the dimensions it should work.

TFP

FNG
Has anybody who ordered one already received it? If yes, what do you think? Can you post some pics?

Man, I have to admit that I REALLY wanted this bag to be 30L (or more) plus the snow collar. I don't understand why every damn American made backpack without a suspension has to top out at 25-26L. Aaron said that this one is 30L with the collar fully extended but closed, so I'm giving it a shot. A 26 liter pack doesn't leave much room for anything else once you jam an extra layer or a small lunch cooler inside of it.

That said, it's exactly what I am after except for the volume issue. I travel constantly, and a pack with rigid suspension just doesn't work for me. I need something that can be wadded up and jammed into an overhead, under a seat, rolled up inside of a suit case, etc. UNLESS i can get it to replace my GR1/GR2 entirely for my travel purposes, and that isn't going to happen with less than 30+ Liters.

TFP

FNG

ruck 0.jpgruck 1.jpgruck 2.jpgruck 3.jpgruck 4.jpg

TFP

FNG
more photos

A nalgene would easily fit in the side with the two reams of paper, the 13" macbook, a 12.9 ipad in the main bag. With the paper vertically, a third ream would probably fit. With them horizontally, that's pretty much all she wrote for the foot print of the bag without distorting the shape/making the water bottle pockets unusable. The paper horizontally was pretty much exactly as wide as the rear panel of the bag so it would carry fine.

Both the front "flat" pocket and the lid will take a pretty well stuffed medium pullout.

Attachments

• ruck 4.5.jpg
    ruck 4.5.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 63
  • ruck 5.jpg
    ruck 5.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 63
  • ruck 6.jpg
    ruck 6.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 62
  • ruck 7.jpg
    ruck 7.jpg