Bag compatibility Xcurve

marktole

WKR
Been playing around with a couple of Kifaru bags (reckoning and 22 mag) to fit on an x-curve. There’s no “major” modifications needed, I just had to add a few buckles in here and there and it works pretty decently. I wasn’t too thrilled about any of the bag options SG has (except maybe the Sky 5900), but liked the X-curve so I’m in the same boat as you.

The only thing I don’t care for is the frame stays on the x-curve want to slide through the holes in the hypalon sleeve at the top of the Kifaru bag and let the bag slide down just a few inches. Not a big deal, and is almost entirely a cosmetic thing. Although I know Kifaru has changed that sleeve attachment on their bags to a solid piece of material now with no holes. I think if you got one of the new style Kifaru bags it would fit really well.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Something that has a ~12" wide sleeve will accept the top of the frame stays. The actual SG packs have pockets to snuggly fit the tops of the stays. Also you'll need a slit through the sleeve to slip the load lifter ladderloc through or have something on the bag itself (which is what SG does when the pockets are covering the top of the frame stays which is where the load lifter straps come off of).

The sleeve on MR bags would likely work well however the position of the sleeve on an MR bag will have the bottom of the bag about 5" above the bottom of the SG frame. Kifaru bags are a decent length match, just have to deal with the holes as noted.

mt100gr.

WKR
I slightly modified a kifaru argali pack to fit the xcurve. 7000 cu pack + frame under 5lbs on my scale. It worked really well with a few mods.

marktole

WKR
IMO the Sky 5900 blows away any of the offerings from Kifaru. I put a SG bag on a Kifaru frame.

I guess that’s why there’s multiple manufacturers out there making different products for the different wants of customers! I think the Sky 5900 is almost the exact same bag as the Mountain Warrior. Unfortunately I used a reckoning extensively this last fall and it’s absolutely perfect for how I like running my optics/gear with the wing pockets, center zip, and a few belt pouches attached, I can’t seem to get past the idea of getting a new bag.

JD619er

WKR
I slightly modified a kifaru argali pack to fit the xcurve. 7000 cu pack + frame under 5lbs on my scale. It worked really well with a few mods.

Man I'd be interested to see how you did that can you post any pics?

mt100gr.

WKR
Man I'd be interested to see how you did that can you post any pics?

PM me your phone number and i will text you pics.

Disclaimer: I did put the Argali on the SG frame but I am not saying whether it is truly a 7k cu bag :) it's big enough for what I need, lid compatible, and the SG load shelf is fully functional ( with small extensions for the compression straps )

JD619er

WKR
Haha sorry man I quoted the wrong post! I wanted to see some pics of he guy who put the stone glacier bag on the kifaru lol

I have had luck putting an AMR on the original krux. Fit perfect but never actually used it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Haha sorry man I quoted the wrong post! I wanted to see some pics of he guy who put the stone glacier bag on the kifaru lol

IJzrjzZl.jpg

3kmnGxTl.jpg

bmart2622

WKR
I tried posting more pics of my pack that pods8 modified for me butnthey wouldn't work. If someone wants more pics let me know