Dawn To Dusk Whitetail Day Pack

dog

Lil-Rokslider
For stand hunting I like to have a pack that will haul only what I need and is not over size, (for getting through tightish spaces etc) and without a belt. I like to keep the weight down too. I'm using the badlands pursuit. a nothing fancy under 2lb pack but it works for me and holds all my stuff for all day sits in the whitetail stand just fine.

adamm88

WKR
I would look at the 511 rush series, i carried a rush 24 for years and it served me well, you could easily strap extra layers on the outside with all the molle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Badlands 2200 listed in the classifieds if interested.

Those are good packs that for whatever reason get overlooked on this site. I have one and it is a great daypack. They have great customer service and a great warranty. They lifetime warranty even a used pack.

wesfromky

WKR
I took the 22mag /22" frame out for a 5 mile scouting hike / bushwhack today and it worked great. It feels much smaller then my woodsman in daypack mode on the 24" did. Think it will end up being my go to pack for everything except work/edc, unless I end up doing some kind of multiple night trips, which isn't super likely.

That 22 looks really nice. Might be to much back for early season but look like it would be great late season. Plus it looks like I could strap a small stand to the outside of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
Thanks so much for all the reply's. Really appreciated. Have a lot to think about. Did notice nobody recommended Horn Hunter G2/G3. They get a lot of good reviews. Just a thought

OP
B
Also the Eberlestock X1A2 looks pretty good if anyone has any comments on that. A couple of other things that interest me. One is the ability to strap a rifle or crossbow to the pack. And I think strapping heavier clothes to the outside would be good to. Seems no matter how slow I try to walk, I still sweat to much. Thanks again for your time

The Eberlestock X1A2 is a 1500 ci pack. YMMV, but for an all-day or late-season treestand pack it doesn't offer me enough capacity. I don't bring a lot of junk to the stand with me. A pack this size would only suit my needs for hunts in early season and warmer days. To an extent, there is plenty of reason to have 2 packs for deer hunting...at least where I live. Our season starts in late Sept and ends in early Feb. But once again; if I could only buy one pack to do it all, I would be sure to get one with enough capacity for 80+% of my hunts.

rbljack

WKR
You mentioned the Badlands superday pack. I have one and really like it for a whitetail pack if I don't need to carry meat. It has a decent amount of room, and plenty of organization. In fact, if you don't stay organized, you can actually forget which items are in which pocket or pouch. I also have a 2200, but at 5 8" tall, I didn't like it as much because it just seemed a bit to long for me because I have a shorter torso I guess. I kept the 2200 for my son who is 6 4, and it fits him no problem.

Badlands has a special Cabela’s edition called Axis. Works great in a tree because the top(lid) opens back to front, so it’s easy to get stuff out when attached to tree tree or sitting on ground.