Dawn To Dusk Whitetail Day Pack

Hey all. Looking for a non meat hauling hunting pack for all day sits. Not a lot of hiking involved but some of it is strenuous. Mostly blind and permanent stand hunting. Have a Gander mountain pack that works ok but no support and no organization.. So a few I have been thinking about are Horn Hunter G2, G3, Badlands Diablo Dos, Superday, and Alps matrix {I like the wing pockets}. I'd be carrying normal all day sit supplies like lunch, water field dress gear, extra clothing not worn to stand and other misc. gear I may or may not need. So any thoughts on these packs or other recommendation's would greatly appreciated. Thanks

Trial153

WKR
up until last year i used the the sitka tool box( or bucket...which even one doesnt have the stand strap.)
anybway its a decent pack, the front opening is ideal for treestand sits and easy acess. plenty or space for anything youd need in a full day sit.

This year i bought a mystery ranch treehouse. i will be trying that out this season. reports so far been good.

Alps makes pretty good gear. I wouldn't be afraid to buy one of their packs meant for this. I've owned their meat hauling packs and they all worked well as anything else I have used with design in mind. Their only short comings were their belt. All but a few packs have that problem, regardless of price though. S, I'd personally buy the alps due t the money savings. It will come with a lifetime warranty and be comfortable and durable. Good luck and God Bless

From what I've seen recently, the Mystery Ranch Treehouse would get my nod. Almost every pack I've owned tends to not be ideally suited to stealthy use while hanging from a hook. The Treehouse looks like MR has solved those problems.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I had to look up the MR Treehouse. I'd hate to have to haul that joker up a tree. I've been using a Blacks Creek All-American for about 15 years and love it. It's the perfect setup for me.

I have a badlands Superday and a badlands 2200 that i think would work great for that. They have a great warranty and great customer service.

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
X2 on the blackscreek all American. It is well built with many organizational pockets plus you can stap a bow or gun to it for hands free climbing. I have one that I may part with if you decide to go that route.

Hey all. Looking for a non meat hauling hunting pack for all day sits. Not a lot of hiking involved but some of it is strenuous. Mostly blind and permanent stand hunting. Have a Gander mountain pack that works ok but no support and no organization.. So a few I have been thinking about are Horn Hunter G2, G3, Badlands Diablo Dos, Superday, and Alps matrix {I like the wing pockets}. I'd be carrying normal all day sit supplies like lunch, water field dress gear, extra clothing not worn to stand and other misc. gear I may or may not need. So any thoughts on these packs or other recommendation's would greatly appreciated. Thanks
How bulky are your extra clothes? Most packs will fit the bill for what you need if your clothes aren't too bulky. If you're hunting in the late season, or at least plan to, look for a pack with expandability, or some sort of beaver tail or good compression straps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

From what I've seen recently, the Mystery Ranch Treehouse would get my nod. Almost every pack I've owned tends to not be ideally suited to stealthy use while hanging from a hook. The Treehouse looks like MR has solved those problems.

After watching the MY video highlighting the Treehouse, I think you are right. If I could find a deal on it like Trail did, I'd buy one. James, is there a way to be notified by optics planet when they offer a sale like that or, did you just luck out and happen to visit the page when they had those sales?

JigStick

WKR
Ive hunt is a very similar fashion a fair amount here in western PA. Ive gone through so many packs, all which I ended up hating for one reason or another. What I ended up doing is getting a Kifaru Tail Gunner and adding some shoulder straps to it. Its not too big, not too small. Perfect for what you are trying to accomplish. and what I like most about it ,is when I'm bow hunting from a hanger or tree stand I can throw the waist belt around the tree and have the pack strapped right where I can get to it. I think its easier to sling a rifle as well....with a "fanny pack" type bag vs a traditional backpack.

zart312

FNG
up until last year i used the the sitka tool box( or bucket...which even one doesnt have the stand strap.)
anybway its a decent pack, the front opening is ideal for treestand sits and easy acess. plenty or space for anything youd need in a full day sit.

This year i bought a mystery ranch treehouse. i will be trying that out this season. reports so far been good.

Looking at the treehouse do you think there’s enough room to fit a jacket and bibs in the pack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
Looking at the treehouse do you think there’s enough room to fit a jacket and bibs in the pack?

its on the way, i will let you know. but i honestly hope it is that big. i usally lash that to my pack so i dont have to open it and unpack stuff at the stand.

zart312

FNG
its on the way, i will let you know. but i honestly hope it is that big. i usally lash that to my pack so i dont have to open it and unpack stuff at the stand.

Thanks I’d appreciate that. I’m really tempted to get one providing my sanctuary set will fit in it. Looks like a great bag for stand hunting.

wesfromky

WKR
I had a sitka flash 20 pack, and my sanctuary jacket pretty much took up all the internal space. So, went to a woodsman last year, and it still took maybe 1/3 of the internal space (uncompressed). Sold the sanctuary and the woodsman, and going with a woodbury and a 22mag this year. The woodsman was really nice, but think I am going to like the 22mag on a 22" frame more.

Thanks I’d appreciate that. I’m really tempted to get one providing my sanctuary set will fit in it. Looks like a great bag for stand hunting.

I personally never try to stuff much really bulky clothes (as in thick bibs AND a stand jacket or parka) inside a treestand pack. It can be done but it's often crammed tight. My favorite way to carry bibs is outside the pack and then put them on immediately after getting situated. I have no problem carrying a rather sizable pack for an all-day or late-season treestand jaunt. I don't care what it weighs either as it's not like I'm heading a couple miles up and into the mountains. I'd rather have more capacity than I need 50% of the time. It's no fun to always be jamming things in and tugging to get them out.

zart312

FNG
I had a sitka flash 20 pack, and my sanctuary jacket pretty much took up all the internal space. So, went to a woodsman last year, and it still took maybe 1/3 of the internal space (uncompressed). Sold the sanctuary and the woodsman, and going with a woodbury and a 22mag this year. The woodsman was really nice, but think I am going to like the 22mag on a 22" frame more.

That 22 looks really nice. Might be to much back for early season but look like it would be great late season. Plus it looks like I could strap a small stand to the outside of it.

I personally never try to stuff much really bulky clothes (as in thick bibs AND a stand jacket or parka) inside a treestand pack. It can be done but it's often crammed tight. My favorite way to carry bibs is outside the pack and then put them on immediately after getting situated. I have no problem carrying a rather sizable pack for an all-day or late-season treestand jaunt. I don't care what it weighs either as it's not like I'm heading a couple miles up and into the mountains. I'd rather have more capacity than I need 50% of the time. It's no fun to always be jamming things in and tugging to get them out.
100% agree. I would rather have extra room and not use it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Agross

WKR
X2. Couldn't agree more

LostArra

WKR
I realize it probably makes no difference but I don't like cordura packs when treestand bowhunting because of the noise it makes rubbing a limb, getting a snack or whatever. This is especially true in late season with jumpy deer and cold weather. I had a Day One wool "pack" that has good capacity and is silent when I'm retrieving something. BUT it would more accurately be described as a wool bag with multiple non-zip compartments and shoulder straps. It is not a true backpack. I used the waist belt for a jacket-holding compression strap. My daughter started bowhunting last year and took it so now I use a Bison Gear pack, also wool and also silent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk