King of the smaller packs

sr80

WKR
Im looking for a smaller pack, day hunts, shed hunting etc. Currently have an argali on a hunter frame that I really like, but wanna get something a bit smaller. Not really a fan of any of the other kifaru offerings at this time. Looking at MR pintler, Exo 2200, SG solo or 5900 in bivy. And go..

bmart2622

WKR
Ive owned the Solo and 5900 and there is very little difference in size when the Sky is in bivy mode. The Sky 5900 is my favorite bag out of the 10 or so that I have used.

Trial153

WKR
I think the first step is to decide if you want a built in suspension vs a frame. Give you a more apples to apples comparison. If you going to use it a meat hauler coupled with day hunts your in a different class of packs ...MR Pintler, Exo 2200, several SG bags on their newest frame, MR pop up 18 and 28 ...

For built in suspension you’d be hard pressed for a nicer pack then 14R, that said it’s expensive for what it is and what it does. I have it and the MR 25 and 35..and they do the same ay about half the price. You can’t go wrong with either of those three packs.

I have both

Agross

WKR
The FedEx truck is dropping off a new Pintler today. Looking forward to putting this pack to the test.

I know you said you did not like any other Kifaru bags right now, but I have been very happy with my Woodsman. It is much smaller than the others. It works great for me as a daypack. All of my hunting is day hunting. The other packs I really like, I know some dont agree with me, are the Badlands Superday and the Badlands 2200. The both have worked great for me as daypacks.

Decide on it you want it to haul meat or big loads. If not, save money and pack weight on something small and light like a mr scree or something.

If you want a compact hauler, I have used a woodsman, crewcab and now am switching to a pintler and pop up 28. Mr just feels better to me than the supporter Kifaru frame.

I agree with what’s already said about the 14’r and the MR Scapegoat 25, I have both and they’re great packs. But my favorite (possibly of all time) small day pack is the Stone Glacier Avail

OP
sr80

sr80

WKR
definitely want one with a frame with the ability to haul meat if needed. Don't mind the woodsman but i have a 26" frame and don't like how it isn't full length.

bmart2622

WKR
If you already have a Duplex frame but don't like the Kifaru bags, maybe look into an Exo bags, they seem to go onto a Duplex frame pretty easily.

SCOGS

Lil-Rokslider
I think the Exo 2000 is the best small pack it right now. It has a really useful layout and good organization built in while still being light. You can add a lid for more space and organization and the roll top expands the bag quite a bit. I can fit about 5 days with a lid but my gear is super compact. I also have a SG 5900 for longer hunts and I just got rid of a SG solo. They are both awesome but way too big for a day pack in my opinion. Yeah they compress, but you already have a big pack so id go with the smaller, more streamlined pack with way more organization. My two cents.

NDGuy

WKR
I’m really torn on this myself. I have a MR Metcalf and kind of want to invest in a smaller pack for when I absolutely won’t need the Metcalf. Looking at the Mule Divide or Popup 28.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
sr80

sr80

WKR
I think the Exo 2000 is the best small pack it right now. It has a really useful layout and good organization built in while still being light. You can add a lid for more space and organization and the roll top expands the bag quite a bit. I can fit about 5 days with a lid but my gear is super compact. I also have a SG 5900 for longer hunts and I just got rid of a SG solo. They are both awesome but way too big for a day pack in my opinion. Yeah they compress, but you already have a big pack so id go with the smaller, more streamlined pack with way more organization. My two cents.
Yeah i like the looks of that bag, and being able to ad a lid is a bonus

wentrot

FNG
Iv got a mystery ranch Mule and have fallen in love with it. Will definitely be my go to pack for day hunts.