EXO 2000/3500/5500 k2?

im relatively new to high end packs but a veteran hunter looking to get serious about some extended trips. Im on a budget so im looking at possibly going the used rout to save some cash without totaly skimping on quality. right now the pack at the top of my list is an exo 3500. my first question is if i go used does the pack still carry the lifetime warrenty or is that for the original purchaser only?

I'm fairly sure it's only to the original purchaser but I believe I've heard that they will repair for a reasonable fee regardless. If I expected to buy and keep for many years, I would buy new as the price difference between new and used isn't great. I also think the 2017 packs and up have some great changes over the older packs.

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
I'm fairly sure it's only to the original purchaser but I believe I've heard that they will repair for a reasonable fee regardless. If I expected to buy and keep for many years, I would buy new as the price difference between new and used isn't great. I also think the 2017 packs and up have some great changes over the older packs.

This! Most are only selling their packs for like 50 bucks less than the new ones and they are the older models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
The older models, with the original frames, move with you way better than the K2 frames do. I've had an EXO since they first came out. The original frame with the new bags would be a great setup. You can tell the difference between the K2 and the first gen frames when moving through technical terrain. Sometimes newer isn't necessarily better, but the other posters are correct. Very little difference between new and used prices. I feel like I priced my first gen fairly, but obviously a lot lower than what I've seen others going for.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HeadnWest

WKR
The older models, with the original frames, move with you way better than the K2 frames do. I've had an EXO since they first came out. The original frame with the new bags would be a great setup. You can tell the difference between the K2 and the first gen frames when moving through technical terrain. Sometimes newer isn't necessarily better, but the other posters are correct. Very little difference between new and used prices. I feel like I priced my first gen fairly, but obviously a lot lower than what I've seen others going for.

So Sneaky, if you could go back to your pre K2 frame, would you? Just curious.

sneaky

"DADDY"
So Sneaky, if you could go back to your pre K2 frame, would you? Just curious.
If they would make one in the ranger green to match my 2000 and 5500 bags, in a heartbeat. The K2 isn't uncomfortable by any means, but that first gen frame moved really really well with you, especially sidehilling or in technical terrain.

OP
G
checked with exo. mark said it is technically original purchaser but they stand by there gear and try to do the right thing so im reading they probably arent going to price me out of getting a pack fixed just cuz i didnt buy new.

after looking i agree that there isnt huge savings in going used and i am leaning towards buying new just to support some good guys

OP
G
trying to decide witch pack i should get... does anyone here have any experience in day hunting with a lightly loaded 5500 on there back? is it just to big? whats the difference between the 5500 and the 3500 compressed?

trying to decide witch pack i should get... does anyone here have any experience in day hunting with a lightly loaded 5500 on there back? is it just to big? whats the difference between the 5500 and the 3500 compressed?

not much difference. id get a 5500

sneaky

"DADDY"
You can make a 5500 smaller, but you can't make a 3500 bigger

If you might be doing multi-day trips and don't have all the most compact gear, I'd go 5500. To me, the 3500 is on the small side for longer trips and the difference in compressed dimensions is minor and weight difference is only a few ounces. I have the 2000 in addition to the 5500 more because I just really like the panel access of that bag in particular. I run the 2000 with the lid from the 5500 and love it for day hunts.

OP
G
that kind of falls in line with my way of thinking. I'm afraid of getting a 3500 and wishing id gotten the 5500 and the 2000.
in the perfect world I would like a new 5500 and frame with a 2000 I could switch out for day hunts.
so I'm kind of thinking for cost I want to get the 5500 and frame first and just wear it all the time on short or long hunts. I can just leave the big bag and strap my current day bag on the frame if its more convenient. then save in the meantime and eventually ad a 2000 bag when I can.

my gear isn't the best yet and I'm trying to upgrade but all at once the cost is a strain on the pocket book and not fair on the wife. I am afraid the 3500may be small for all my gear. so to get started right and get out and get after it I think the right bag and frame is a good place to start and from what I'm hearing it sounds like I should get the 5500. I'm still open to input but that's what I'm gathering so far

Yes I have used the 5500 fully collapsed ,it folds down tight to your back no bulk.Exo s customer service is great!When you call its usually Steve that answers the phone

5500 all the way, just echoing what everyone else has said, compressed the 5500 and 3500 are the same. Even when packed there are so many adjustment straps you can make the 5500 just like the 3500 for a small packed amount. My buddy wishes he went with the 5500 after seeing mine for a 2 day hunt strapped up next to his.

wbmc6565

FNG
So glad you started this thread. I am in the same situation but had not considered the warranty.

tumble

FNG
I have had the 3500 on several trips and it is at its brink for me on 5-6 day adventures. If I were to make a change I would go with the 5500. Either way its a great pack.

5500 for sure! No real added weight but I've needed the extra space a few times and glad I had it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk