Noisy/squeaky NICE frame

LP_805

FNG
Has anybody had experience with a very noisy NICE frame? If so, how did you remedy?

It seems like the yolk and vertical stays are rubbing on the fabric making a squeaking/high pitch rubbing noise as I move. For reference - frame made in 09. Since the supporting components are sewn in I am planning on injecting some kind of lubricant through fabric.

Have an inquiry in w MR....just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. Thanks!

wyodan

WKR
Mine squeaks all the time as well. It is just something that I deal with as I see no way to take it apart to fix it. It's annoying, but I just stop if I feel there is something I need to listen to.

OP
L

LP_805

FNG
UPDATE: MR customer support contacted me immediately and issued an RA#. After sending the frame and pack back to them their repair dept contacted me to verify problem and explain the fix. Basically injecting Nikwax in between the bag/frame and stays. They were extremely helpful and I was able to have bag returned within week of sending. I was definitely impressed by the experience as it was my first time dealing with their customer service/repair dept.

Moe.JKU

FNG
I have always heard good things about their customer service. When you advertise a bag to be a durable as they do, and some other companies, if something goes wrong they better fix it. And that is said about them and another company that is widely used on here. Glad they got it all fixed up for you in time for hunting

elkyinzer

WKR
Reviving an old dead thread because my NICE frame also started squeaking this past month and there is no way I am sending it in for repairs this close to the season. It was squeaking to the point yesterday I couldn’t have drawn on an animal at 50 yards without being heard…no good.

Specifically the squeak is coming from where the left shoulder strap meets the hip belt. Anyone have experience with this problem and have a solution? I didn't have time to look at it yesterday and wanted to do some research before I started tearing anything apart. I'm in final hunt prep/get ahead on work and family time mode and don't have time to be dealing with this crap!

I have a new Kuiu Icon Pro that squeaks enough to drive a guy mad! I'm thinking some silicone type spray where things are rubbing.

I noticed mine when I had it out on a nasty, damp humid day?

SneekyPee

Lil-Rokslider
Reviving an old dead thread because my NICE frame also started squeaking this past month and there is no way I am sending it in for repairs this close to the season. It was squeaking to the point yesterday I couldn’t have drawn on an animal at 50 yards without being heard…no good.

Specifically the squeak is coming from where the left shoulder strap meets the hip belt. Anyone have experience with this problem and have a solution? I didn't have time to look at it yesterday and wanted to do some research before I started tearing anything apart. I'm in final hunt prep/get ahead on work and family time mode and don't have time to be dealing with this crap!

Try loosening the 2 side tension straps that hold the bag to the frame , my old NICE frame used to squeak until I loosened those...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk