Newbie pack question

When you order a kifaru pack, do you need to order a frame with it or can you run just a pack? And when it comes to the frame can you put any pack they have on it or are there certain packs that cannot go on a frame? If you are running just a pack how do you pack your meat? Thanks for your time.

aion2come

WKR
With all but the smallest Kifaru bags, you'll need a frame. All but the smallest will need a duplex frame. If you click on a bag and go to the page that describes it, at the bottom are frame recommendations. The heart of the Kifaru system is their frame/belt systems. Very good. You'll want a frame to pack out meat.

OP
skyler_2010
Ok thank you. So a person is looking at between $500-$700 depending on the pack? Which pack would be best suited for the noob that hasn't done a back country hunt but has backpack/survival camping experience?

It's totally dependent on your end use. How long you'll go for, what time of year, and how you prefer to organize and access your gear. I'd get on and watch all of the videos explaining the layouts of the pack bags, and then decide which works best for your application. For example, I like some kind of zipper access for the main bag, one small organizer type pocket, three strap compression, and a way to carry loads against the frame. Just decide which attributes you want most and go with the bag that has them.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk