Ok this is gonna sound stupid but....

Luked

WKR
Is there a proper way to put a loaded pack on and take it off?
So.if your loaded 50-60 lb pack is sitting on the ground you just loaded it down from a kill or whatever, what is the proper way to put it on. Or take it off for that matter
I'm new with this stuff and just got my pack not long ago so just wanting to do it correctly ao I don't twist something wrong or whatever

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

WyoElk

WKR
I set my pack up on the ground and then sit down against it, put all the straps on, tighten, and stand up. Ive heard of shoulder injuries from slinging heavy packs over your shoulder so I avoid that. Its not very fun to stand up when your real heavy but its been working for me.

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
You should be able throw 50-60lbs on your back normally. If you have 100lbs that a different story. If it’s steep put the pack up hill and put the shoulder straps on and stand up and adjust your belt. If it’s flat out the shoulder straps on roll over do a push up and get to your knees then stand up and adjust your straps.

Kotaman

WKR
You should be able throw 50-60lbs on your back normally. If you have 100lbs that a different story. If it’s steep put the pack up hill and put the shoulder straps on and stand up and adjust your belt. If it’s flat out the shoulder straps on roll over do a push up and get to your knees then stand up and adjust your straps.

Yep...With 50, I “sling” it on. With heavy weights I put the straps on, roll to my knees and stand up. A friend does wonders for getting up when heavy.

MTSabo

WKR
I don't know how "right" it is but I always rest the pack upright on my thigh in kinda a modified lunge then slowly rolling it on working both my shoulders into it. For taking it off just the opposite. I always do it slowly and maintain good control. Injury free so far.

MAVinWA

Lil-Rokslider
Based in WA, OTC archery public land in AZ, UT, so
for 100lb+ load up when out solo;
I put loaded pack uphill, sit downhill of it and get pack straps on, buckle waist load belt. Before doing so I've tied a short rope to tree in front/downhill of my sitting position.
once pack strapped, grab hold of rope and pull while getting up on my feet. Once up & standing, adjust belt load, chest strap and lifters.
rope comes off tree and into pack pocket.

boom

WKR
I’m babying two bad shoulders. I look bad putting on a heavier pack. It ain’t pretty but I get it done. I can’t afford to make them so sore I end my archery season. A bad twist will do just that.

bruno59

WKR
I just put pack on slight uphill sit down put waist belt and shoulder straps on tighten roll over to my knees and stand up and readjust everything and off I go

LostArra

WKR
Imagine a turtle on his back or sitting on his butt, putting on his shell then rolling over to all fours and then standing upright. That's me with elk load.

colonel00

WKR
Yep, just find what works. For me, my shoulders are pretty worn so sometimes reaching back to get my arms in the straps can be a bit painful. I had to find a way to put on a heavy pack that worked for me.

oldgoat

WKR
How you get it on your shoulders is whatever works best for you in my opinion. But the order and method of cinching up the straps and belt position is critical! First year I had my duplex, I wasn't doing it right, the pack still worked better than anything else I used, but it wasn't the oohh la la feeling I was expecting! Watched some of the videos, got a technique down and the oohh la la came to be!

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Put pack on the ground and lay down and strap it on...if you can't get up after 30 minutes of rolling around on the ground, unstrap and unload 20-30 pounds and try again...repeat until you can get up. Can someone post a video of this procedure!

MTguy0341

Lil-Rokslider
With a heavier pack I sit down and put the pack on. Rollover to my knees and stand up from there. Seems to help with my knees and balance.