Seek Outside Peregrine

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
How deep are the side pockets, from bottom to the tallest point? If I can get my tent in one of those with a decent amount of protection from brush and snags that'd free up space on the inside for a couple days worth of extra food.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The side pockets are slightly angled at the top, so the measurement changes slightly back to front, but they'll be about 14" tall.

Volume wise I can fit two 1.5 liter Nalgenes (the tall ones) in each side pocket and still cinch the top.

I think you will be able to fit a small shelter or tarp easily. I do know these pockets will swallow a silvertip...probably two of them.

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for that. Shelter is a TT Notch, measures about 17" long in its stuff sack, the carbon fibre struts being the limiting factor for packing length. Sounds like it'll fit quite well in a side pocket.

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
All of it. Ha. I wouldn't mind seeing the roll top maxed out, how full you can stuff it and still have it functionally close. Also possibly the interior. Is there a sleeve for a hydration bladder or just a hang loop?

And not peregrine specific, but is there a way to hang a bladder between the frame and the bag?

FURMAN

WKR
AEzJe7Fl.jpg

Here is mine. In this pic it just has some food, rain gear, down jacket, the two tripods and spotter. At home I loaded it with tent, quilt, sleeping pad, tripod, spotter, rain gear, down jacket, water bladder, Jetboil, and started with food, I ran out of room at about 4 days worth.

Last edited:

texag10

WKR
I hang a hydration bladder between the frame and bag on my revo. There are 2 webbing loops by the upper cross stay, I ran some paracord through them and made a loop. When I used a Camelbak bladder I could just hang it straight off the loop, now I use a Platypus and attach it with a tiny carabiner that came with my backpacking spork.

It's pretty easy to slide out the side or from the top to fill, but most of the time I use a QD on the hose and fill it from my Sawyer filter.

sndmn11

WKR
There is a tab and port on the inside of the bag

There are tabs on the frame in between the bag that I suppose one could hang a bladder from. I do not know if this area has more attachment point on this part of the frame since i have read that the load shelf my be movable now.

Last edited:

sndmn11

WKR
I have two of the SO 4liter pull outs that are full in each the side pockets...So four total in the sides.

The face pockets are nice for something bulky. I have another full 4L and then several alaska game bags in the mesh.

There is still room in the zippered portions for other bulk, but I had used these mainly for heavy gloves, beanie, seatshirt...

Last edited:

sndmn11

WKR
I really like the gate keepers, they are easy, minimal, and you can use multiple to one loop. Here i have the lid on one gatekeeper and the over the top strap on another, with both on the loop at the load lifter.

This lets me have funcionality for both in a streamlined fashion

This is the bottom of the face pocket area. Here I have the load sling, the strap going to the lid, and I am still able to attach my Merlin (or a talon) very easily.

Everything matches up well and is continous coverage, so one could easily have an empty bag and use just the load sling, talon/merlin, and lid to haul a quarter or compress a bag.

I really love with this combo that I am able to quickly access all pockets and the main bag very easily. I would like to think that all of this was intentional and that it is a dynamic system

Last edited:

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Fantastic stuff, thanks for the photos and info guys. March is a three paycheck month, might need to do a little irresponsible spending.