Seek Outside Peregrine

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Matt, any initial thoughts on the review yet?

Yeah,

The features are really cool. I was skeptical, but really starting to like the gatekeeper buckles.

I hope to put some initial thoughts or even a video together sometime in the next week or so.

I’ll post to this thread.

I recently had a chance to try a friend's SO Goshawk. I was skeptical about the double belt and no lumbar... and I was wrong. VERY comfy. I found that I didn't need the mechanical advantage of the power pulls because once I got the waistbelt set it never moved or settled under a load. And the two waistbelt straps really seemed to help distribute the load more evenly across the belt with no pressure points. With most single buckle belts I always seem to get a pressure spot on my hip bones.

As much as a like my Kifaru Timberline 2, the SO was just more comfortable- both in day pack mode and with a load.

This pack looks sweet. Do I need it? Hell no, I have a fantastic stone glacier. Do I want yet? Yes! I dont know what disease I have that makes me want to try so many backpacks, so many tents, so many stoves, etc. Jeez Louise!

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

The only thing I can say my friend is you are not alone. I to have the same pack disease, it’s sad, I may have to enter treatment. I to see a peregrine on my horizon.

machinethomas

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah,

The features are really cool. I was skeptical, but really starting to like the gatekeeper buckles.

I hope to put some initial thoughts or even a video together sometime in the next week or so.

I’ll post to this thread.

I would be interested in a video, highlighting the frame and maybe a day’s worth of gear loaded in it. There’s a few videos online, but I’d like to see some more details of the pack and frame and how they function. Or some detailed pictures at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like a great backcountry fishing pack, for weekend trips. Float tube or raft would go great on the load shelf

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I recently had a chance to try a friend's SO Goshawk. I was skeptical about the double belt and no lumbar... and I was wrong. VERY comfy. I found that I didn't need the mechanical advantage of the power pulls because once I got the waistbelt set it never moved or settled under a load. And the two waistbelt straps really seemed to help distribute the load more evenly across the belt with no pressure points. With most single buckle belts I always seem to get a pressure spot on my hip bones.

As much as a like my Kifaru Timberline 2, the SO was just more comfortable- both in day pack mode and with a load.

We are always experimenting and trying to improve. The season before last, I had a bruised illiac, I don't think from a pack out, but I think from rolling off a pad or something in the night. The only belt I could wear all day was a dual buckle buckle prototype we had because I could change the tension and maintain comfort. Prior to that I had never had bruised hips from our Seek Outside packs.

Definitely the most comfortable pack out there!!! Just received my new Perigrine Tuesday. Going to take it out tonight for some exercise.

sndmn11

WKR
There is a tab and port on the inside of the bag

There are tabs on the frame in between the bag that I suppose one could hang a bladder from. I do not know if this area has more attachment point on this part of the frame since i have read that the load shelf my be movable now.

I got another Revolution frame, here is a picture of the attachment points for the removable and adjustable load shelf.

Got mt peregrine the other day and have played around with it for a couple days. I think I can easily fit 5-7 days gear in this pack. I have the top lid on it to add another 500 of space. First impressions are I love the layout. The two rear zip pockets were quite a surprise. There is actually a lot of room in the little pockets. The rear stuff it pocket is perfect for a puffy. I will be using this pack for turkey season in a few weeks it should work great.

I am loving the peregrine. So much more than a day pack. I can easily get 5 days with lid for backpack camping. I am used to the 2 straps per side on the belt. The one thing I hate is not having power pulls. Having to tighten up with a loaded pack on without them is horrible. I tried a few things and did some searching. I believe I have found the perfect buckle to make power pulls. So much better now.

Attachments

• 3220187246.jpg
    3220187246.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
I am loving the peregrine. So much more than a day pack. I can easily get 5 days with lid for backpack camping. I am used to the 2 straps per side on the belt. The one thing I hate is not having power pulls. Having to tighten up with a loaded pack on without them is horrible. I tried a few things and did some searching. I believe I have found the perfect buckle to make power pulls. So much better now.
Is that their gatekeeper that you rigged to get mech. advantage? Is the belt comfortable otherwise?

No they are not gatekeepers. I purchased a 12 pack of the gatekeepers for this reason but the belt straps are 1" and gatekeepers are 3/4". Even if they were correct size they would not work smooth. SO mentioned using their bachelor buckles but those are a poor choice as well. Because they are an open ended hook just like ITW G-hook and would not be locked in. These books I found are secure, super smooth, and strong.

No they are not gatekeepers. I purchased a 12 pack of the gatekeepers for this reason but the belt straps are 1" and gatekeepers are 3/4". Even if they were correct size they would not work smooth. SO mentioned using their bachelor buckles but those are a poor choice as well. Because they are an open ended hook just like ITW G-hook and would not be locked in. These books I found are secure, super smooth, and strong.
Thanks for that. I dont have a SO pack, but I eventually want to try one. However, in an overwhelming majority of reviews on the newest iteration of the belt, it seems that people prefer an older belt for the reasons you mentioned. Strangely enough, there is a retailer here in Sweden so one of these days, I will get over there and try it. I appreciate your info!

The new belt is thinner but a better foam. The double strap is not as convenient but is more adjustable. Power pulls are a must in my eyes and thankfully I have them working perfectly.

The new belt is thinner but a better foam. The double strap is not as convenient but is more adjustable. Power pulls are a must in my eyes and thankfully I have them working perfectly.
Another question for you, do you find that having the two straps each side of the belt to be an advantage in adjustability? Can you wrap your hips better with this? My stone glacier x curve belt has two straps on each side to fine tune the belt, but I have found that feature to not really work so well, ie it is near useless, the straps dont really move much. Luckily it is still comfortable. Wondering if the revolution belt actually adjusts in a noticeable way with those straps.

I have had both the SO old style belt and now the new one. For me being a skinny Bonny type frame it really helps suck the waist belt to conform to your hips. I love the new belt but as others have stated I wish they would have added the forward pulls.?

Another question for you, do you find that having the two straps each side of the belt to be an advantage in adjustability? Can you wrap your hips better with this? My stone glacier x curve belt has two straps on each side to fine tune the belt, but I have found that feature to not really work so well, ie it is near useless, the straps dont really move much. Luckily it is still comfortable. Wondering if the revolution belt actually adjusts in a noticeable way with those straps.

I have both the old and new belt. Never had a problem with old belt. ONLY downside for me would be if buckle broke in use it is not field replaceable. The new belt is able to be fine tuned better but like I said I never had an issue with old one. SO's double straps are truely adjustable. SG are useless in comparison. You are not really altering the SG belt with those side straps!

sndmn11

WKR
I have had both the SO old style belt and now the new one. For me being a skinny Bonny type frame it really helps suck the waist belt to conform to your hips. I love the new belt but as others have stated I wish they would have added the forward pulls.?

I will once again be the opposite opinion...
With the way the belt fits me, I have no need to get the waist belt that tight. This is, for me, the #1 reason why I sent back the two other most talked about frames on this site, and wouldn't get anything other than SO. The suspension rides on my body like it is a part of it, rather than an addition. Thus, the weight is distributed properly and there isn't a need for me to smash my hips with tension. I like the simplicity of the normal pulls. It should be noted, that one of the two other frames I tried, the user has to unbuckle the belt in order to loosen it. To me, having a forward pull, but not the ability to finely adjust without taking the belt off, isn't a good thing.