Seek Outside Peregrine

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
Another way to do forward pull:

Amazon.com: Sea to Summit Field Repair Buckle: Sports & Outdoors

That is a field repair 1" ladderlock. Install two of those on the PALS webbing on the belt. Run the belt buckles all the way to left or to right, depending on your dominant hand. This gives webbing slack to achieve forward pull.

I would probably run the webbing through only one of the slots on the belt buckles on that side so you can control tension via the forward pull buckles.

You can also use 1" gatekeepers, 1" G Hooks from milspec monkey, mini carabiners, or 1" bachelor buckles.

Any chance of Seek Outside holding stock of a few of the 1” gatekeepers for people to order at time of purchase if they are so inclined to rig up the power pull set up?

It would certainly make things simpler from a consumer’s perspective, particularly since the 3/4” gatekeeper is a standard product for you guys and the 1” version seems a bit hard to come by elsewhere ...

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We're talking about adding something, but I doubt it'd be GK due to the huge minimums that have to be ordered. At only 2 per pack, and not everyone wanting them....we'd be swimming in them.

Honestly a GHook Wave that is crimped on the PALS is probably a better solution anyway. It wouldn't come loose, but could be removed if needed, and it's a zero fail part.

ITW G-Hook Wave - MIL-SPEC MONKEY STORE

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I visited with Kevin at the BHA Rendezvous today. We had a good discussion about the Peregrine belt flexibility.

He also showed me his prototype Brooks on the Evo frame. Pretty cool:

0e80ff12f9d22f7f6c238772c9c04a1f.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all, I thought I’d post a few pictures of my peragrine. I received my peragrine a couple weeks ago and I currently have it packed up for a 4 day backcountry turkey hunt this next week. I have everything loaded in the Peragrine except my quilt. I’d like first off to show a picture of the size of the pockets on each side of the rear stach pouch. When I ordered my peragrine these Little zippered pockets I assumed would be very small and I assumed just big enough for small items like a headlamp. Well as you can see I was pleasantly surprised. These pockets on each side have a ton of volume and are very useful. Next I am showing how a peragrine looks with the new toplid which I love. I think with some carefull packing I can fit a full 7695B8526-6DD2-4AE2-A8F5-BBCF1465D556.jpg5EA61E63-C50A-4359-811B-C60E57D89BC5.jpg04D43FCD-208B-4AE2-AD0C-5F66E6F3C0EB.jpg759A148F-3E2A-4463-8FC9-E37C5E80FEC3.jpg days of gear in this pack. But then again. I am. Kinda a ultralighter

We're talking about adding something, but I doubt it'd be GK due to the huge minimums that have to be ordered. At only 2 per pack, and not everyone wanting them....we'd be swimming in them.

Honestly a GHook Wave that is crimped on the PALS is probably a better solution anyway. It wouldn't come loose, but could be removed if needed, and it's a zero fail part.

ITW G-Hook Wave - MIL-SPEC MONKEY STORE

I tried the G-hook and quite a few other pieces of hardware. The ones I posted are by far superior to everything out there!! It needs to be strong AND very smooth. A G-hook is as strong as it comes but not smooth on the webbing.

Attachments

• 3220187246.jpg
    3220187246.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 89
  • 32201872419.jpg
    32201872419.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 68
Hi all, I thought I’d post a few pictures of my peragrine. I received my peragrine a couple weeks ago and I currently have it packed up for a 4 day backcountry turkey hunt this next week. I have everything loaded in the Peragrine except my quilt. I’d like first off to show a picture of the size of the pockets on each side of the rear stach pouch. When I ordered my peragrine these Little zippered pockets I assumed would be very small and I assumed just big enough for small items like a headlamp. Well as you can see I was pleasantly surprised. These pockets on each side have a ton of volume and are very useful. Next I am showing how a peragrine looks with the new toplid which I love. I think with some carefull packing I can fit a full 7View attachment 70455View attachment 70456View attachment 70457View attachment 70458 days of gear in this pack. But then again. I am. Kinda a ultralighter

The peregrine is incredible! It definitely should not be thought of as a day pack.

SanJuanCutthroat

Lil-Rokslider
I would add a favorite configuration I've found is to fold in and compress the side pockets for a slim day pack. You can use the mesh and zippered front pockets, and still easily access the main bag to stash stuff you want to keep dry. I keep a puffy and survival kit in there all the time, and have food, tripod, and whatever else in the front. It is smaller than the Brooks day mode, but just as easy to set up.

I would agree with most that, especially with a lid, you can go multiple nights. The only difference between 3, 5, or 7 nights is some food, and you can easily get creative enough to find the room in this bag.

I can fit my LBO Base-Tarp-Vestibule in a side pocket. Depending on how you're hunting it frees up room in the main bag.

View attachment 70805 View attachment 70802View attachment 70803View attachment 70804

SanJuanCutthroat

Lil-Rokslider
Always with a lumbar pad. Still playing around with captured vs. floating as well as the belt height grommet attachments. I seem to like a partial capture that gives some movement but still feels super solid and the lower grommet that puts the frame a little below the belt.

I actually initially liked the lumbar pad. But last week with the peragrine in day pack mode I hunted 2 days with the lumbar pad on then 2 days with it off. I was pleasantly surprised that it actually felt better off. But then again that is with Probably 12-15 pounds of weight in daypack mode

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Are you going to ‘Cashell Cliff Test’ it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Are you going to ‘Cashell Cliff Test’ it?

I hadn’t planned on it, unless it became a field necessity. I am more interested in how the features work and how it handles heavy loads.

Kevin told me clearly there are no restrictions on testing the pack though.

If I really wanted to break it I would just give it to Ryan for ten minutes.

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
I hadn’t planned on it, unless it became a field necessity. I am more interested in how the features work and how it handles heavy loads.

Kevin told me clearly there are no restrictions on testing the pack though.

If I really wanted to break it I would just give it to Ryan for ten minutes.

BAHAHAHAHA that’s the truth! I love how Kevin gave you no restrictions. Tells you how confident he is in the pack. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts, it looks like a really solid pack.

WoodDuck

FNG
Looking to purchase either this pack or a goshawk and merlin for a 5 day backpack elk hunt (September, Colorado). What are your thoughts?

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Looking to purchase either this pack or a goshawk and merlin for a 5 day backpack elk hunt (September, Colorado). What are your thoughts?

The Goshawk and Merlin combo would have more space, which would be useful for 5 days, depending on your kit. I really like the Peregrine's layout though, and speculate I would prefer it over a two pack setup.

the big Broadwing might suit you too, especially if you have any bulky camp items.

Rokwiia

WKR
Apparently, the Revolution Fortress 6300 is the ugly sister that fewer choose to date. I don't understand. Let's compare the Goshawk and Peregrine to it:

Goshawk:

Capacity 4,800
Weight 59oz
Cost $479

Peregrine:

Capacity 4,100 (3,500 internal + 600 external)
Weight 66oz
Cost $489

Fortress 6,300:

Capacity 7,300 (6,300 bag and 1,000 Base Talon)
Weight 66oz
Cost $529

The Fortress 6,300 weighs the same as the Peregrine but has nearly twice the volume for longer trips and can be rolled up and carried as a day pack. The Peregrine offers access to more items from the outside but add a top lid (as I did) to the Fortress 6,300 and you now 1,500 ci available from the outside (Talon 1,000 + top lid 500).

I believe that levels the playing field and, if my math is correct, you now have a total of 7,800 ci of total space in that configuration. Granted, the total cost will be $79 more than the Peregrine but you'll have access to more space from the outside and nearly double the total space. I'll hasten to add that you'll also have more space than the Brooks and will also have more space protected by X-Pac than any other configuration.

In summary, I think the Peregrine, Goshawk, and Brooks are all fantastic bags and configurations and you can't go wrong with any one of them. I'm only offering the Fortress 6,300 as another option as I think it can go to-to-toe with any other pack and come out shining.

Last edited:
I absolutely love my Peregrine pack. I can easily do 4 days no prob. As stated above the Goshawk and Merlin would be a great 5 day+ combo.

PNWTO

Lil-Rokslider
I'm really torn between this and a SG 3300. I tried both on @BHA and the SO frame was outstanding for my height and torso length, ie gorilla build. Guess I'll be ordering one soon.