Seek Outside Peregrine

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Roksliders,

I just received a Seek Outside Peregrine on the Revolution frame. I will be testing it out. Go ahead and post your experiences and any questions to this thread.

5bbfcb6352922bd08965347482d5faa7.jpg

texag10

WKR
Have you used any seek outside packs before? Interested in hearing if anyone can compare the updated harness and belt to the prior, all black versions.

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Have you used any seek outside packs before? Interested in hearing if anyone can compare the updated harness and belt to the prior, all black versions.

I haven’t, but I am sure some Roksliders can chime in.

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Looking forward to reading more on this. Was researching this pack for a while today. Have you used any of the other big names? Currently have an Exo, and I've got wandering eyes.

They dropped the ball with the new belt. Two individual straps on each side and no power pulls absolutely sucks. Definately not an improvement.The black belt single strap attached at two points of belt and powerpulls is AWESOME! It adjusts and tightens perfectly. The Peregrine is a sweet pack!

Last edited:
OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Have you used any of the other big names? Currently have an Exo, and I've got wandering eyes.

I have used Kifaru, Stone Glacier, Mystery Ranch, Badlands, Eberlestock, SJK, Kelty, Arcteryx, and others. Haven’t tried Exo or Sitka yet, but I’d like to.

Looking forward to reading more on this. Was researching this pack for a while today. Have you used any of the other big names? Currently have an Exo, and I've got wandering eyes.

SO with a load feels more stable on my back than EXO, it doesn't barrel side to side (didn't cause problems with my exo but it's there). I still think exo with day pack loads is more comfortable but SO frame is less restrictive than kifaru duplex. I chased squeaks on my exo a bit and haven't yet on the SO. SO with 24" frame seems to be less obtrusive going through thick stuff. I prefer the compression setup on exo with buckles. Prefer single power pull belt on exo to dual non assisted on SO. The broadwing bag seems to be bigger around than exo 5500 which is nice for larger objects that don't pack down well.

Two good options for sure. Can't bring myself to let go of either yet. I will say my gear did get wet in a peregrine bag that had not been seam sealed on a wet day so I will be sealing my SO bags.

Looking forward to Matt's takes as well.

sndmn11

WKR
They dropped the ball with the new belt. Two individual straps on each side and no power pulls absolutely sucks. Definately not an improvement.The black belt single strap attached at two points of belt and powerpulls is AWESOME! It adjusts and tightens perfectly. The Peregrine is a sweet pack!

I have the opposite opinion, the new belt offers a genuine way to tailor the pressure above and below your iliac crest, rather than directly on it. I haven't experienced hip belt peeling like I did with other manufacturers, so the entire hip belt is usable and the pressure is dispersed throughout it rather than concentrated.

wyelkhunter

Lil-Rokslider

I have used Kifaru Bikini and hunter frames, Mystery ranch, Sitka, Kuiu. The Seek Outside fits me better and feels better under a load. Also the ability to change the frame height is very nice. The lumbar pad on other packs is what seemed to always cause me issues. That is why i decided to try the SO pack frame and wish I had done it a long time ago.

If I had to I could live with 2 straps. But not having powerpulls is absolutely not an option. Having packs with and without. There is not even a comparison. I'm glad though the new one is working for you. I love my SO frame pack. Most comfortable pack I have ever owned. Incredible carry.

Last edited:
If I had to I could live with 2 straps. But not having powerpulls is absolutely. It an option. Having packs with and without. There is not even a comparison. I'm glad though the new one is working for you. I love my SO frame pack. Most comfortable pack I have ever owned. Incredible carry.

Post about adding biners to make it assisted pull coming in 3, 2...

I have a 2017 seek outside revolution frame with a 2018 broadwing bag. I used the frame all last elk season with the black straps. I recently up dated the frame with the new brown 2018 belt and shoulder harness. So far I really like the new belt. I am using the double buckle not the single and it definitely lets you customize the fit on your waist. Now granted it would have been nice to have the power pull option, but I can live with that.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You can rig carabiners to effect a forward pull.

LOL

Seriously, biners or 1" bachelor buckles work well hooked on the PALS webbing to get a forward pull.

I love our old forward pull belt. I think the current belt carries as well, and I have actually gone to the 4 to 1 single buckle. We ship packs with two 1" buckles AND a 4 strap to 1 buckle.

I think the single buckle is quicker to get in and out of, and I've found that I can tighten top right and loosen the bottom right strap, tighten bottom right, loosen top right, etc. Effectively ratcheting the belt. It's as easy and works as well even with big loads as the forward pull.

ams

WKR
I ran the original peregrine and loved not only the pack but the revolution frame as well. The new peregrine looks awesome and I think it would be a kick ass day pack/overnight pack. SO is not given enough credit as to the greatness of their packs.

I ran the original peregrine and loved not only the pack but the revolution frame as well. The new peregrine looks awesome and I think it would be a kick ass day pack/overnight pack. SO is not given enough credit as to the greatness of their packs.

You are 1000% correct. My pack list is super long and expensive. My SO Revolution is by far the most comfortable pack I have ever carried. I was a huge doubter also because of the simple no lumbar belt design. It couldn't work or be comfortable! I'm so glad that little voice in my head won and forced me to buy one. Im kind of still blown away by how great it is over a year later.

texag10

WKR
Thanks for the input everyone. The only minor issues I've had with my Revo Fortress is some pressure directly on the point of my hips that can cause bruising over the course of a few days (I am very bony at 5'11" 155) and the shoulder harness could fit the curve of my traps better. Sounds like the new belt might be a worthwhile upgrade for me, especially if I can retrofit a forward pull.

Lawnboi

WKR
Some of thier lightweight offerings are the only packs on my radar, as I'm a happy Kifaru user. But dang to have a less than 4lb pack would be awesome. Been eyeing a few of thier lighter, more waterproof bags for thru hiking bags and a bag to run on the canoe that won't sop up water. Id like to get my hands on a brooks to compare to the fulcrum, but can't justify it, I just don't get to use my big bags enough

Looking forward to the review. Don't forget the cliff test

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I was a huge doubter also because of the simple no lumbar belt design. It couldn't work or be comfortable! I'm so glad that little voice in my head won and forced me to buy one. Im kind of still blown away by how great it is over a year later.

The no lumbar pad is WHY I originally went with a Paradox pack 5 years ago. I cinch the belts down above my hip bones so there's no way for them to slide down at all. I also have the Stone Glacier Krux with their one-piece non-lumbar belt as well.

Seth1913

Lil-Rokslider
Some of thier lightweight offerings are the only packs on my radar, as I'm a happy Kifaru user. But dang to have a less than 4lb pack would be awesome. Been eyeing a few of thier lighter, more waterproof bags for thru hiking bags and a bag to run on the canoe that won't sop up water. Id like to get my hands on a brooks to compare to the fulcrum, but can't justify it, I just don't get to use my big bags enough

Looking forward to the review. Don't forget the cliff test

SO lightweight packs carry just as well as the revolution suspension considering its the same design. I have an older unaweep with the evolution suspension and it handle 80 plus no problem. I'm pretty sure my pack weighs in at 3lb 6oz with a talon and lid which is crazy light compared to others.