Exo pack accessories

sparelink

FNG
I have a Exo pack on its way to me and I am looking at adding some of the accessories.

What is everyone’s favorite accessories?

I am thinking about 2 hip pouches and maybe a couple stash pockets but I am curious about the crib panel and slurpy stalker. How useful are these accessories?

Philsummers21

Lil-Rokslider
Same boat as I ordered mine about a week ago. I went with 2 stash pockets and 1 hip pouch. 2 would be nice but a pistol will be on one side. As far as the crib I figure I’d never use it as long as I had my bag. If you find want the crib I think the slurpy stalker is a must so you had water and some storage. As far as the slurpy alone I’d never use it as I’d always have my pack anyway. Just my .02

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jbehredt

WKR
The crib is nice if you go back for a 2nd load. Round two is a good time to go as light as possible so leaving the bag is a welcome option. Here’s mine in action last fall. First trip out was with the full bag and a hind qtr.
a09e6ac0085650f79fdd24d5c57fbbca.jpg
I’ve got two hip belt pockets and two stash pockets as well.

HeadnWest

WKR
Two hip belt pockets, 2 stash pockets and the crib for me. I really didn't have a use for the slurpy stalker or the weapon carrier as I don't riffle hunt. The crib is also nice to use for training. I will throw a 50 lbs salt bag in it and go for some hikes and mow my lawn before the season.

Riplip

WKR
Big fan of the crib panel even with the bag attached. Very adjustable and great for keeping a heavy load higher in the frame. Belt pockets as well.

Elkfever

Lil-Rokslider
Another big fan of using the crib with the bag attached. It does an incredible job of keeping the heavy load high and from slipping down and it weighs next to nothing while it’s sandwiched between the frame and bag. Hip pockets and weapon carrier are nice too.

The weapon carrier is great for protecting the bottom of your cam and strings as well, just not for rifles. I know every time I take a breather on the pack in or out I’m happy when I take my pack off my cam isn’t slamming on the ground.

The FTE roll top dry bag is great. First, I never really worry about the weather packing in. Second, and what I really use it for is being able to get into my spot to camp for a few days I usually only have an hour left before legal light is done. I just pull the whole bag out, put it under a tree and take off to hunt the last hour. I know when I come back all my gear is safe and hidden and I can setup camp during non hunting hours.

Other then that have 3 stash pouches for organizing gear, they don’t necessarily always go on the velcro, just great organizers.

2 hipbelt pouches as well and I got the new AGC In Line Accesory adapter that fits great on the pack for my phone which acts as my GPS and camera.

Haven’t tried the crib panel yet.

Zbot

WKR
I've got three stash pockets, the meat shelf, crib panel, weapons carrier, pods8 nalgene holster, belt pocket, and 3500 bag. I have two large Kifaru side pockets I can macgyver on there for added space.

Overall, it is a near perfect pack for me and my needs :)

bruno59

WKR
The crib panel is great for me on the second load just remove bag and return for next load i just leave it attached to frame all the time because you can make that first load ride as high as you want

choovhntr

WKR
I have 2 hip pockets, two stash pockets, meat shelf, beaver tail, and slurpy stalker. Just ordered the new pack with dry bag and crib panel. The meat shelf/ crib panel are almost a must IMO if you run the load shelf. Keeping things high is so much more comfortable. I run the slurpy stalker but honestly it’s not a must for me. I could take it or leave it. Two stash pockets( one in the lid and the other in the bag are nice but I rarely use the one in the bag. If there were two there I feel they would get I the way of access through the zipper. Maybe that’s just me though. I have yet to use the beaver tail for anything but is a nice option if more room is needed. I will report on the new bag vs. old as soon as I get it but I think the old bag gives you more options. A hybrid would be perfect. With the old bag, you could run a meat shelf and a beaver tail together. Also the daisy chain allowed you to rig external pockets. You could still use the stretch pocket too behind the added packet because it wasn’t zippered. I like the roll top, waterproof insert, bladder pocket and two top tabs on the new bag though. Time will tell.

twall13

WKR
I have 2 hip pockets, two stash pockets, meat shelf, beaver tail, and slurpy stalker. Just ordered the new pack with dry bag and crib panel. The meat shelf/ crib panel are almost a must IMO if you run the load shelf. Keeping things high is so much more comfortable. I run the slurpy stalker but honestly it’s not a must for me. I could take it or leave it. Two stash pockets( one in the lid and the other in the bag are nice but I rarely use the one in the bag. If there were two there I feel they would get I the way of access through the zipper. Maybe that’s just me though. I have yet to use the beaver tail for anything but is a nice option if more room is needed. I will report on the new bag vs. old as soon as I get it but I think the old bag gives you more options. A hybrid would be perfect. With the old bag, you could run a meat shelf and a beaver tail together. Also the daisy chain allowed you to rig external pockets. You could still use the stretch pocket too behind the added packet because it wasn’t zippered. I like the roll top, waterproof insert, bladder pocket and two top tabs on the new bag though. Time will tell.
I agree with you on most points here. I run two stash pockets, one in the lid, one in the main bag. Two in the main bag would just get in the way. I run one hip belt pouch so the other side is free for a pistol, bear spray, nalgene holder etc. depending on the trip. The load crib is fantastic for the second trip, drop the bag, leave the lid on with the essentials and haul meat in the load panel. I miss the old stretch pocket (sold my old bag) as I prefer it to the new zippered stretch pocket. I felt like the old one was more functional and easy access and I didn't have to worry about getting my puffy caught in a zipper. I know they changed it because the lid covers the top of the stretch pocket but that wasn't a big deal for access and actually helped keep debris it off the pocket. I do like the new roll top closure and, though I don't need it on most trips, the dry bag insert is nice as well. Keeps what I need dry while still leaving access to everything else. Same principal I've used for years with a contractor bag but much better protection for when the conditions warrant its use.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Gator

FNG
image.jpgDepending on the style of holster you use, a hip belt pouch can be easily mounted to the outside of the holster using the hip belt strap. Doesn’t interfere with pistol draw even under load with the leather holster I use. Strap keepers are handy if you don’t like a bunch of loose straps. Blaze orange crib panel also serves as additional visibility during rifle hunts. Two stash pockets, and two hip belt pouches for easy access to more items without having to remove the pack, I prefer to keep moving!

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a 3500 with 2 hip pockets, 1 stash pocket (not sure how I’m going to feel about it), crib, slurpy stalker, and strap keepers. I do plan on a weapon carrier and dry bag down the road as well.

I plan on using the lid, crib, slurpy stalker for training hikes and as my turkey hunting bag. Should be nice to toss a big Tom in there. My other plan is to use the same set up for duck season to carry decoys into a couple of the spots we hunt at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcseal2

WKR
I don't really use the Velcro pockets like I thought I might. I like the crib and dry bag very much. The slurpy stalker is a very nice addition if you ever drop your pack to go after game. I know I have dropped my pack and been very thirsty by the time I caught, shot, quartered, and packed a quarter back to my pack. Then again you have to take time to actually take the slurpy stalker out of the pack and take it with you for it to help with that....

A guy on 24hr Campfire makes a Nalgene holder for the belt on the Exo. That is a nice addition when using just the Crib and not a bag.

twall13

WKR
I don't really use the Velcro pockets like I thought I might. I like the crib and dry bag very much. The slurpy stalker is a very nice addition if you ever drop your pack to go after game. I know I have dropped my pack and been very thirsty by the time I caught, shot, quartered, and packed a quarter back to my pack. Then again you have to take time to actually take the slurpy stalker out of the pack and take it with you for it to help with that....

A guy on 24hr Campfire makes a Nalgene holder for the belt on the Exo. That is a nice addition when using just the Crib and not a bag.
Pods8 on this forum also makes a nice nalgene holder for the Exo, or any other belt type for that matter. I have 2 of them and they are top quality.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

As others have said the crib panel/old meat shelf are a necessity to keep a load higher on your back when you're hauling meat in the load shelf. Other than that I just have one stash pocket in the lid and a hip belt pouch.

Randle

WKR
Not an exo pouch. But I picked up a kifaru tombstone. Works great for pistol , gps, digital camera , cell phone or whatever and the outside pocket works for headlamp, calls, etc.
It slides right over the accy. 2 in belt on my exo.. Crib panel stays on all the time .. I am running the horn hauler pockets with crib for rifle seasons.