Affordable internal frame pack with molle webbing

20DYNAMITE07

Lil-Rokslider
Seeking Affordable internal frame pack with molle webbing

Hey guys-
Can anyone point me in the direction of an affordable ($150 ish) internal frame pack that feature molle webbing? Obviously the ILBE or FILBE (external frame) fit the bill, but I'm not a Marine or even a veteran, so I don't want offend any vets or be misconstrued as misrepresenting myself.

Do you guys know of any internal frame packs that can handle a heavy load in that price range (ideally with Molle webbing) that might fit the bill? Or am I just worrying too much about offending anyone and should just go with the ILBE?

Thanks for your insights!

Last edited:
Granite Gear Tactical CHIEF patrol pack can handle it. Not the best hauler without modifications but it is capable of 100lbs loads. They can be found cheap in used condition on ebay or pawn shops. Lots of PALS webbing too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

SWOHTR

WKR
How would buying a surplus ILBE be misrepresenting yourself? I see no stolen valor in that! (and I'm in the service...)

Buy one if you think it fits the bill!

Yeah. I was in the army but own a Filbe. Great pack. A bit heavy compared to the commercial stuff but bombproof. The suspension can use an upgrade and if you get an old mystery ranch Nice frame they carry very Well.

The army molle ruck isn’t in the same league. I looked at several and I haven’t seen one I didn’t think is a POS They May be out there but the ones I have seen and the one I bought for $25 have all been pretty bad.

As far as stolen valor goes, no one is going to think twice about surplus gear on a hunting trip. Take it international or get mixed in with the hippy backpacker crowd and they may raise an eyebrow. As far as the marines, I don’t think the average jarhead can read or type so you won’t be getting a bunch of internet hate. If you see one in person, just say “look an Admiral” and they will snap to attention long enough for you to escape.

OP

20DYNAMITE07

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, Guys-
I appreciate the feedback. I chalk up my overabundance of caution to too much time on youtube :)

Thanks again!

It’s a tough call. I wouldn’t want anyone thinking I am a marine either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the ILBE. I'm a Marine and couldn't care less if a civvy is wearing something that has marpat on it. I don't know anyone who would.

If you get the ilbe it probably won’t raise any eyebrows but if you buy a Molle- everyone will assume that since you purchased a Molly of your own volition you must be of reduced mental capacity and will let you hunt disabled and handicapped only locations- so it could open up some access for you- though at the cost of reduced functionality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk