EXO 3500 vs Seek Outside Peregrine

Idahoboy

FNG
Looking for external frame pack with meat shelf. I really like the long pockets on the sides of these packs. They seem about equal in terms of pockets, storage, and capacity. I am looking for comfort and usability while wearing it all day hunting and hiking. While also being able to pack out a heavy load. Looking for opinions on comfort, pros, and cons of each pack.

Even more importantly pros and cons about the frames, I am fairly familiar with the EXO frame but don't know really anything about the revolution from seek outside.

What is your torso length? The EXO frame is 25" I believe, whereas the SO frame can be adjusted from 24", 26" or 28" using extension pieces. If your torso is on the short or long end of things, you may appreciate the ability to adjust the SO.

I have never worn the Exo frame but I'm currently borrowing a buddy's Seek Outside Goshawk to check out. So far I'm impressed, and I may get one to replace my Kifaru.

As far as the bags go, SO is very minimalist in order to save weight. This can be good or bad depending on if you like to keep things simple or if you need pockets to organize your gear. Exo's offer a little more organization.

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for external frame pack with meat shelf. I really like the long pockets on the sides of these packs. They seem about equal in terms of pockets, storage, and capacity. I am looking for comfort and usability while wearing it all day hunting and hiking. While also being able to pack out a heavy load. Looking for opinions on comfort, pros, and cons of each pack.

Even more importantly pros and cons about the frames, I am fairly familiar with the EXO frame but don't know really anything about the revolution from seek outside.

I've had both. I really like them both. The primary difference is in how the frame suspension fits your body. The Exo frame tapers at the lumbar/sacrum area and terminates to the belt right at the sacrum. Then you compress a large lumbar pad to your low back. The Seek outside revolution frame does not taper at the bottom but rather it stays to the outside of your low back on each side. For me this keeps pressure off my sacrum/lumbar area. As for the bags I prefer the EXO 3500 bag to the Peregrine. The front pocket on the Peregrine was not ideal to me. I suggest you try them both on. I'm not a fan of packs that terminate the stays to the belt and drive the pressure into the sacrum area because I have a sore lower back. I prefer a frame that splits the lower back on each side and doesn't require a compressed lumbar pad to make the belt not slip. If you take a look at each frame you will see what I'm talking about. Lastly the Seek Outside does make some creaking noises when loaded. Hope this helps.

I had a 3500, great bag. I have a Peregrine on the brown truck headed my way. Everyone is different so fit and feel will be different. For me, 15 kifarus, 3 Exos, and a stone glacier. None were as COMFORTABLE as my seek outside! Absolutely awesome for me.

Last edited:
I have both. I think the EXO bag is executed a little cleaner and I prefer the exo compression system with buckles. They are a very similar layout especially now that Seek has a nice lid you can add as an accessory. Seek frame is very comfortable but doesn't have quite the "not even there" feel of exo with day hunt loads. Seek frame packs loads with more stability and doesn't barrel like exo's can. I didn't have my Seek setup just right when packing a bull hind quarter last fall but the belt didn't seem to stay up on my hips as well as an Exo had in past pack outs. The exo meat shelf with crib is also a little better executed. I bought an extra load sling and compression straps from Seek to mimmick the Exo crib setup, it works fine, just not as clean as the exo setup.

They all have legitimate load shelves that mount 1/3 up from the bottom of the frame. Their strapping as stated above is also superior to seek outside. STRICTLY as a hauler i dont believe they can compare due to the shelf and lack of anchor points and straps. I know SO did a little work to their 2018 but I haven't gotten one yet. I just prefer them for the sheer comfort. They are the best fit for myself.

They all have legitimate load shelves that mount 1/3 up from the bottom of the frame. Their strapping as stated above is also superior to seek outside. STRICTLY as a hauler i dont believe they can compare due to the shelf and lack of anchor points and straps. I know SO did a little work to their 2018 but I haven't gotten one yet. I just prefer them for the sheer comfort. They are the best fit for myself.

The way I have my Revo frame load sling set up is probably just as good as the way I rigged up the duplex frame I had, just not as nice as the exo.

Exo is an extremely nice system. ONLY negative on SG is they can barrel. They have no horizontal support.

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
..... Lastly the Seek Outside does make some creaking noises when loaded. Hope this helps.

Mine creaked too. I took it apart and where the two pieces of the frame fit into each other and pivot at the bottom I waxed (string wax I use on my bow). No more creaking.

SCOGS

Lil-Rokslider

Thanks. I thought the SO load shelf was adjustable, but maybe I'm wrong. I've never actually seen one of there packs.

Thanks. I thought the SO load shelf was adjustable, but maybe I'm wrong. I've never actually seen one of there packs.

They are now on the 2018 frames. Previously they were at the bottom and did nothing more than cover pack bottom. I'm not sure on lashing points along the sides of frame. That's where kifarus, SO, and EXO excell.

mt100gr.

WKR
As stated, the load shelf is vertically adjustable on the newer version. There are at least 3 anchor points along the sides of the frame as well. Very similar in layout to SG and Kifaru.