Outdoorsman Pack

hooker

Lil-Rokslider
Any love? A lot of times less is more(weight) but a lot of times it's not.

Any love for the heavier external framed Made in America Pack?

Mosby

WKR
I am planning on using mine this year for a multi day Idaho archery hunt. I used it in Colorado a couple years ago to haul meat and it was pretty comfortable. I like the bag layout and the pockets but have not used it on overnight trips. I am also starting to shoot my bow with it and go on some hiking trips this spring to test it before I make a final decision. I like the flexible frame but haven't used it enough with the bag loaded up to recommend it.

RustyHazen

Lil-Rokslider
My elk hunting partner has run one for 6 years. He loves it. It will do everything you need it to. There are two downsides, potentially. The meat sling is handy, but you will have to rig something up compression strap-wise if you want to carry the bag AND a full meat sling, as they are meant to be used separately. You can do it, it'll just take a little imagination. Second, the frame is really adjustable, but if you're very tall (I would say over 6"1'), your not going to get any load lift. The straps will run at a very low angle. If you're shorter than that you'll be fine. One final thing. The standard setup doesn't have a lumbar pad per se, but that's personal preference. Great pocket layout, well made, tough constuction. The meat sling makes a great shed hunting setup, too, as it actually has a water bladder sleeve, which is brilliant.