EXO 2000 as overnight or multiple overnight bag???

S.Clancy

WKR
I've already got a 5500, which is too big since I've never been on a hunt more than about 6 days packed in. After looking at all the specs for the 2000 bag, my brain says I can get 3-4 days out of it. Curious if anybody has used the 2000 for overnight or multi-day trips, how many days can you get out of it??? (I'm interested in what you can get just in the bag. I realize I can always gypsy pack it.)

lchavez

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered the 2000 and 3500 at the same time to compare. I couldn’t see how l could load 2000 for overnight. Sent the 2000 back.

mcseal2

WKR
I think it could be done, but I think it would be way easier with the 3500. I used the 2000 as a daypack on a scouting trip this summer and ordered the 3500 bag when I got home. The lay-out of the 3500 just makes it easier to pack optics and gear without crowding it or making it a pain to get to. I will keep the 2000 for use as a daypack when I'm elk hunting for example where I'm just taking my little Nikon ED50 for a spotter and a real small tripod plus minimal gear. For the majority of my hunting though I'll use the 3500 even as a daypack. I miss the long side pockets when using the 2000.

SCOGS

Lil-Rokslider
I can use the 2000 for about 4 days with a lid. But that's early season elk so no spotter or anything for me. Also I use a quilt so that makes a big difference and the rest of my gear is pretty small. The bottom of the bag is pretty small so if you run a sleeping bag it's probably not going to happen. But, I didn't really have the snow collar extended. With that said the 2000 is my favorite bag layout out of everything I've tried.

Depends on how light you pack. My guess is that the 2000 is going to be really tight for 4 days. Besides, Exo advertises the 3500 to be a 3-5 day pack. I use the 3500, and I'd say they are spot-on.

I use a 5500, love it, why would one consider a 2000 as well to complement it?

But in regards to the 2000, I’ve made packs of that size work for two nights but it was just for scouting purposes and didn’t bring anything hunting related, not even glass. I own the 5500 because the space is there when I need it and it compresses to a 3500.

I have used the 2000 for weekend trips (2 nights, 2.5 days) in the early season. I did combine it with the lid though. I ran all my gear in the bag and just strapped my spotting scope and tripod to the outside. I have used all the the exo bags now and will most likely run the 2000 for early season extended trips and the 5500 for mid to late season trips.

I've already got a 5500, which is too big since I've never been on a hunt more than about 6 days packed in. After looking at all the specs for the 2000 bag, my brain says I can get 3-4 days out of it. Curious if anybody has used the 2000 for overnight or multi-day trips, how many days can you get out of it??? (I'm interested in what you can get just in the bag. I realize I can always gypsy pack it.)

I used the 2k all the time for 5days(sept). Now I also take full advantage of the load shelf. My core camp stuff goes in a dry bag(food, inflat.pad, sleeping bag, tent, stove, etc). I have 3500 bag also, every time I grab it I swear I find a away to fill it up and add worthless weight to my back

frankrb3

WKR
A 2000 cubic inch pack is to small for me to effectively overnight out of. Not because it can't be done but because the rest of my gear is still not very lightweight and compact. I am starting to get my gear squared away but I am running stone glacier sky 5900 for overnights this year.

Squirrels

WKR

I can get everything in my 2000 bag for a week hunt except for my food (and that is with the collar rolled all the way down). I'm now curious if I could add a lid and get my food in without have to load shelf anything.

You could always add another dry bag into the load shelf area for food/etc if you start running low on space. I think it also depends on how much gear you bring.