Bino case help

Pgohil

WKR
I've been hauling my 8x Alpen's and my 10x Cabela's binos on a regular Cabela's bino harness for several years in the WV mountains.. What is the advantage on using a case for them? I'm going to Idaho this far to chase elk, what am I missing by not using a dedicated bino case?

Thanks

PD Gohil

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
I like them to keep everything tight to my chest. Using the regular webbing harnesses or the Rick Young harness the binos will sway and bounce.

They provide some protection obviously.

I also like being able to keep a couple of things handy in the pockets, most used item probably being a wind checker. I also keep my rangefinder in a pouch on the horizontal strap, keeps it handy.

If the standard webbing straps work for you I wouldn't lose sleep over it, but there's a reason lots of guys like a full harness. Plus they look cool.

HeadnWest

WKR
I had an elastic bino harness, I believe it was Cabelas for 2 years. I hated how it bounced around as I was really hoofing it up or down hill or running to get ahead of the heard. Bought a nicer bino harness this year, Muley Freak, and the best compliment I could give it is I barely noticed my binos were on my chest. It kept them high and tight and I never once felt them bouncing around even while running through the woods. I really like the difference it made.

I've had a number of bino harnesses. My favorites are the Alaska Guide Creations and the Outdoor Vision harnesses. They both are very comfortable and keep you binos from banging and bouncing around, even in rough terrain. Both of them provide excellent protection for your binos from dust and precipitation. The AGC harness is a bit bulkier, but has more pockets. The OV harness is a bit sleeker, with less storage, and a better closure system.

The Outdoor Vision harness is my current favorite. Buy it. You won't regret it.

bp4ester

FNG
I'd second the Alaska Guide creations but there are a lot of nice bino harness these days. The kuiu are very slim, simple and functional. While the Alaska guide creations increases your ability to carry a few more things. For instance I carry my rangefinder, wind checker, mouth reeds and my cell phone all along with my binos in my creations harness. Good luck with your decision!